You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
12 days ago - req44581
Research & development
Other job categories
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Other job categories, Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
Do you know how to transform complex high-tech information to small and understandable steps with clear illustrations? Are you an expert at structuring texts and writing in accordance with standards? Then you are the Technical Author we are looking for!
Role and responsibilities
You will create or edit all technical documentation (Procedure, PCS-Problem Cause Solution, DDF-Deterministic Diagnostic Flow, FCO-Field Change Order, Newsflash, comments, etc.) for Equipment and Manufacturing Engineering and be the main interface for all authoring related issues, tooling and processes.
Your tasks include:
- Convert input from engineers, suppliers and/or development documentation into effective technical documentation for ASML products according to the specifications and standards.
- Create and edit procedures for factory and service operations.
- Create and make changes to illustrations and convert illustrations to the required publishing format.
- Use documentation tools and apply the ASML style to the created or modified documents.
- Specify requirements concerning illustrations, technical input or user feedback.
- Signal problems with technical documentation and propose scenarios for solutions or escalate.
- Act as a first point of contact on issues with documentation relating to the various projects and for handling incoming comments.
Education and experience
- Bachelor degree, preferably in a technical area.
- Experience writing in accordancewith Standards.
- At least 3 years of proven work experience as aTechnical Author is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office package.
- Knowledge of Simplified TechnicalEnglish and experience in the use of CMS and XML authoring are anadvantage.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Broad interest in technique.
- Good one-on-one communicationskills.
- Focused on quality, continuousimprovement.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The goal of Manufacturing and Equipment Engineering is to industrialize ASML products while development is ongoing. This means thinking about the manufacturing environment, the use and maintenance at the customer site, and to take into consideration lessons learned from the past. If we focus on product industrialization early, we can prevent most of the manufacturing and quality problems in our factory as well as at the suppliers and even improve our delivery time. The role of the Technical Author is to work as a team with Development & Engineering, Customer Service, Manufacturing, Sourcing to deliver on time and at the right level of quality.
The department Mechatronics Systems Development within Bottom (BM) cluster is responsible for specification, design, integration and qualification of the mechatronics sub-systems and components which fit into ASML end products. The main focus is on nanometer-accuracy positioning of high speed components for transporting/positioning of wafers and reticles and adjustments of optical elements. Control engineering, dynamics, actuator design, position measurement systems are part of this department’s main competences.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.