You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Robust Design PL (NPI)
Research & development
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
Working in a fast pace environment as a Robust Design PL you will make an impact on new developments by being the Robust Design focal point, applying your project management skills in synergy with the 3 core ASML values to guide, lead by example/inspire, convince and motivate cross functional teams in identifying possible risk and mitigation actions.
Role and responsibilities
By helping to build further and apply in projects the ASML Robust Design methodology you will play a central role in continuing the commercial success of the world’s leading provider of lithography systems for semiconductors. It is a commercial success that is founded on three business essentials: innovation, time-to-market, and system reliability, so your project management skills will be vital. In addition to those project management skills you will deploy your communication and change management skills and your persistence to continually influence others and maintain program system robust design as a key performance indicator for the whole of ASML. Robust Designcomprises the competences Reliability Engineering, Applied Testing,FMEA, Six Sigma, Reliability Growth Analysis, Root Cause Analysis and Spare Parts Engineering . You won’t be doing this alone, but also with other teams in ASML both within Development & Engineering and in other sectors such as Operations and Customer Support.
Responsibilities of the Robust Design Project Lead towards the NPI Program
- responsible for the RobustDesign deliverables.
- Lead cross functional team composed of coordinatorsfrom several competences: ReliabilityEngineering, Applied Testing,FMEA,Six Sigma / Design for Statistical Process Control, Reliability GrowthAnalysis, Root Cause Analysis and Spare Part engineering
- responsible for theproduct reliability and the Robust Design deliverables in projects/FC’s ofthe assigned program.Report on system level and track DRI progress andRobust Design KD deliverables.
- Together with the Robust Design Architect define theRCPL per assigned program with the input from multiple stakeholders andasses it in identifying critical FC where focus per competence is needed.
- Develops and maintainsrelationships with key (project) stakeholders (e.g. PCM, MainDM, availability PL, SE, QM, Quality Risk manager, if needed PDM).
- Supports GL’s in TAPbudget alignment meetings to adequately staff projects.
- Plans and advise robustdesign implementations within the organization.
- Checks and aligns that robustdesign deliverables are integrated in the regular project deliverables(SDS, EPS, EDS, RCPL, SOW, FMEA, TPS, TAR) in accordance with the customerjourney.
Responsibilities towards the Robust Design team
- Status DRI reporting forallindividual competences.
- Prepares with the modulearchitects the Robust Design heatmap by assessing which projects/FC’scontain the largest Reliability risks.
- Claims robust designresources (where Robust design support is most critical)
- Manages and coaches theRobust Design project team. Distribute tasks.
- Is the first point ofcontact for the RD coordinators in case of escalations
Education and experience
BSc, MSc, or PhD in aerospace, mechanical engineering, mechatronics or (applied) physics, preferably with focus on reliability engineering. Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt certificate is a big advantage.
Priority will be given to candidates with at least four years practical experience with reliability engineering & qualification. Other candidates with a technical background and experience in Industrial problem solving, failure mechanisms and statistics are encouraged to apply. Experience in a multidisciplinary environment is an advantage.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Analytical expertand a Team worker
- Driven to achieve results
- Understand andapply project and change management principles.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.