You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Senior Chemical Process Engineer
Research & development
Chemistry & materials science
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
Chemistry & materials science
Introduction to the job
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December 23, 2022.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Seeking a highly motivated, hands-on technical individual to support our high precision cleaning for pre-litho cleaning processes. This position is in Optical cleaning and contamination control group. This group is responsible to research on adapting new ways of precision cleaning for supporting thin film coating, post coating cleaning, pre-contacting cleaning, pre-lithography cleaning, etc. This individual is responsible for identify cleaning requirements based on customer functional requirements, develop adequate cleaning processes, collaborate with designer for adequate fixture, understand various cleaning system in production and select and define the right path for the cleaning process. PE is also responsible to complete work instructions and perform training to technicians.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
Senior Production Engineer will work closely with other PEs in the Optical Engineering group, to understand the various cleaning requirements by various departments.
- Clear understanding of precision cleaning for optical components.
- Familiar with various chemical cleaning methods.
- Familiar with ultrasonic cleaning technologies.
- Familiar with common contaminants and effective methods for removal.
- Knowledge of cleaning technology in a semiconductor industry is preferred.
- Good technical writing skill is required for work instruction, engineering test plan development, etc.
- Familiar with Job Hazardous Analysis process and other EHS requirements for safety concerns.
- Be able to manage projects for new equipment specification development, equipment procurement, FAT and SAT and internal qualification for products.
Education and experience
- Ph.D. or Master's with min. 5 years experience in Chemical Engineering or Material Science.
- Must have experience in lithography or related field, in industry only.
- Must have Solid understanding of various chemical cleaning media and interactions.
- Must have direct or indirect experience of automated cleaning processes for precision optics.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.