You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
5 days ago - J-00246095-660
Senior Principal Architect - Digital Platform
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of semiconductor-chip-making equipment. Next to the machines ASML build software applications to analyze and optimize the performance of the customer production process.
Role and responsibilities
At ASML we develop production equipment for which uptime and performance is improved by sophisticated service, diagnostics and analytics applications. Beyond our equipment, cutting edge Analytics & Control solutions for litho processes are developed. These solutions improve the accuracy of overlay, focus and shrink critical dimension. Together this defines the capabilities of the end product of a fab process; semiconductor chips of all ranges.
In this job you lead the architectural definition and realization of our cloud based digital platform. You work with senior management to make architecture meet business case. In the process you get to translate your domain knowledge of infrastructure, microservices, data ingestion and pipelines to the lithography domain. Here are IP protection, rock solid stability as well as 99.99% uptime paramount.
Today there are >30 platform teams and >300 engineers, architects, Product Owners and Scrum Masters working on the digital platform.
The application development teams that implement the business critical applications come from all business lines of ASML. You can consider these your engineering customers.
In short, be a key player in this compute and storage platform that is one of the main pillars under the production of the next generation microchips of Apple, Samsung and many others.
You will be working as Senior Principal Architect of the digital platform ART’s. The platforms runs service, diagnostics and analytics applications as well as the lithographic applications that drive nanometer improvements and process optimizations.
Embedding commercial and open source solutions as well as supplier engagement is essential to this role. With the applications that run on top of the platform you design and build a complete end-to-end commercial product.
- Translate the needs of end customer in the lithography market towards a complete technical roadmap, design conform architecture and timely realization.
- Balance the technical roadmaps with product roadmaps, representing and securing the long term objectives like maintainability, scalability and other capabilities.
- Strive toward zero downtime upgrades of technologies but be able to make the case when cost-complexity-value of such a requirement has a negative balance.
- Work together with domain architects in realization of the product portfolio which comprises appliance and digital solutions.
Education and experience
- Master degree or PHD in computer science substantiated with proof of similar functions taken up at earlier assignments.
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructures in digital platforms, on-premise infrastructure development andintegration of open source and commercial solutions.
- Stakeholder management (executivelevel)
- Cloud agnostic and nativeinfrastructures for parallel processing, storage, container orchestration,data mesh patterns, security, AI, configuration management
- Zero / minimal downtimetechnology migration paths
- Guide the troubleshootingactions for the most complex issues
- Profound understanding ofcomplexity in failover, replication, meeting 99.99% availability
- Proven experience in productdevelopment and enterprise architecture realization.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Strong vision and ability todeploy towards realization
- Strong communicator able toadjust the messaging towards the stakeholder
- Excellentnegotiation skill with suppliers anddevelopment partners
- Can do mentality
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. §730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
ASML does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered ASML’s property, and ASML will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Resource Center Department.
ASML is GDPR compliant, therefore we cannot process applications sent outside of our recruitment system.
If you are interested in this vacancy please apply.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.