You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
EUV Project Leader - EXE/HiNA
In a nutshell
Hillsboro - OR, US
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
The Customer Support Organization is responsible for the installation, qualification, repair and maintenance of the ASML systems at customer sites and is responsible for the necessary transfer of know-how to the customer. Local Customer Support branches perform these tasks for the customers within the specific region.
As a CS On-site Project Leader you are responsible for the operational management of EUV installations at customer sites. In this role you will use resources from CS Factory, local office CS team and other support organizations.
This role will support ASML’s next generation EUV systems the EXE5000 (HiNA) and will be a key contributor during process development and installation at the customer site.
The mission of this position is to install leading edge lithographic systems, at the customer site, within specifications, on time, with quality exceeding the customer’s expectations.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
Your tasks consist of three main activities:
1. Preparation phase:
- Work closely with EXE project teams developing processes and WoW to support the first time install of a system at a customer site.
- Partner with customer and internal stakeholders to ensure facility requirements are met and in place prior to system arrival.
- Define and maintain safety protocols and standard operating procedures during Installations and have this reviewed by line management.
2. Execution phase:
- Provide project planning with pre-defined milestones to the Project manager.
- Convey key milestones to team members (ASML & 3rd party) and coordinate activities to achieve on-time completion.
- Be the ambassador of the Customer Support Installations department.
- Interface with customer providing installation updates, escalation management, and coordinate customer related activities with project team.
- Effectively communicate complex installation and technical details to customers.
- Ensure the agreed escalation process is executed.
- Take the lead in escalations that are beyond control of coordinators and team leads, and implement methods and actions that prevent them from recurring.
- Ensure that follow-up actions on reported issues and are on track by partnering with factory assigned coordinator(s).
- Provide feedback during and at the end of the installation that will enhance future installations, taking costs and cycle time into account.
Coach the team members:
- Coach the team members in maintaining a safe work environment.
- Review the execution phase with the team members on a regular basis.
3. Reporting phase:
- Daily reporting on project status during the installation.
- Prepare a post project summary for management highlighting performance to key performance metrics associated with the project.
Education and experience
- BS degree (Engineering, Metrology, Mathematics, Mechanical, Mechatronics, Electronics, (Applied) Physics) or equivalent experience.
- Mechanical aptitude, and knowledge of electronics, semiconductor processes, and relevant software. Knowledge of safety procedures required.
- Experience in a challenging environment with high tech products and complex processes.
- Past experience of 5-10 years’ work experience as a Project Leader or direct experience with EUV lithography.
- Knowledge of semiconductor lithography preferred.
- Good knowledge of the English language. Excellent English language skills in speech and writing.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to digest technical details into information that can be used to make business decisions, communicate with customers, and influence others.
- Strong technical background and drive towards solutions.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Good rapport with people, analytical thinker, structured approach, process oriented, and excels in a dynamic environment.
- Must be flexible, stress resistant, and able to work independent as well as in a team.
- Able to motivate, drive, steer and convince others at all levels of the organization.
- Results driven.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Customer focus.
- Good communication skills towards different levels.
- Multicultural awareness.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Candidate must be willing to travel internationally for extended periods while training for this position.
- After initial training, willingness to travel internationally up to 25% travel required is dependent on the phase and location of the project.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Hi NA EUV Hillsboro
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.