You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Optical Sensing Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
Do you have the technical capabilities to develop and industrialize state-of-the-art optical sensors?Do you have other technical skills that will enable you to succeed in a highly multidisciplinary environment? And do you have a true teamwork attitude that will empower everyone in the team to contribute to solving highly complex technical challenges? If so, we need to talk.
We have several exciting career opportunities in our Sensors department. This is one of the most vital departments in ASML, because it helps enable us to continuously improve our key business drivers of overlay, imaging, focus and throughput.
Role and responsibilities
You will be expected to be flexible, ambitious, and eager to develop yourself. That’s because you will work in close cooperation with colleagues from many disciplines inside and outside ASML. To be successful you must help build a strong sense of teamwork by understanding your colleagues’ roles and their challenges. That’s also why strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are crucial in this dynamic environment. You will also manage ASML internal stakeholders, and will be in contact with suppliers and other external parties where needed.
This is a highly challenging role and offers many opportunities for professional triumph and job satisfaction.
As Design Engineer in our Sensors department you will be a key player in a multidisciplinary environment that further develops the current and next generation optical image and level sensors. You will need to demonstrate your skills and knowledge in several of the following activities:
• Analysis and modeling of the performance of our leading-edge optical sensors systems
• Definition of specifications to meet the required system performance
• Generate effective and creative optical solutions for improving the sensor performance
• Development of opto-mechanical tools required during install and setup of the sensor
• Integration, calibration and test of the optical sensors in our lithography systems
• Cooperate in modeling and experimental verification of sensor performance
• Support the production of these sensors and its use by the final customers
Education and experience
Technical University, MSc or PhD in physics or engineering
• Talented MSc or PhD candidates, preferably experienced in industry and working in multidisciplinary teams
• Proven experience or affinity with optics; preferably experienced with optical simulation tools
• Solid background on design of experiments, data analysis and presentation
• Experience with hardware development
• Experience with data analysis using MATLAB, or similar software tooling
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
• Takes the initiative, creative and is willing to learn and adapt quickly
• Flexible and committed team player
• Pragmatic attitude, result orientation with an analytical view.
• Excellent command of the English language.
• Strong communication skills, knows how to convey complex topics in an understandable fashion.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
ASML’s Development & Engineering (D&E) sector is responsible for the specification, design and realization of all products in the ASML portfolio. Within the D&E sector, the Sensors department within Bottom (BM) Cluster is responsible for the definition, realization and qualification of the major measurement sensors and its application in all ASML products. The Image Sensors EUV groups deliver all functionality related to the optical sensors used during the exposure of a wafer in the ASML EUV machines, and have a major contribution to the overlay, focus, throughput and imaging machine performance.
Please submit your resume and cover letter when applying for this position.
*This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.