You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
7 days ago - J-00245949-792
Senior Heat and Mass Transfer Engineer
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
Performs a variety of engineering tasks including providing inputs in designing & using Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) tools to analyzesubassemblies and modules from a concept phase to a final design.Creates and evaluates designs to meet requirements of specified applications.Proficient in finite element analysis, including existing commercial tools, requirements for mesh generation, detailed treatment of boundary conditions, flow analysis, thermal analysis & Multi-physics analysis dealing with fluids and solid interactions.Develops in-depth physics understanding of designs to predict & prevent failure modes.Researches and selects future key suppliers for consideration as turn-key providers of sub-systems.Develops resolutions to critical issues and broad design matters.Works on issues that impact design/selling success or address future concepts, products, or technologies.May assist in the negotiation of major contracts involving large dollar amounts.
If you have a passion for technology and innovation you’ll want to check us out. Be a part of ASML. Be a part of progress.
One Company, One Goal, Limitless Innovation. It's our people that make the difference.
“This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.”
Role and responsibilities
- Generally free to determine work priorities based on general direction from managers. Proactively identifies potential issues and brings potential solutions to managers.
- Manages a light source sub-system project through direct technical advice, schematics/design, approvals, and collaboration with Development Engineering team.
- Provides a broad mechanical engineering design background and performs mechanical engineering analysis using commercial CFD tools including flow, transient, plasma & thermal analysis.
- Assumes engineering responsibility for module or subsystem design from concept design through manufacturing transfer and ramp.
- Assumes engineering responsibility for component and subassembly test development, data acquisition, analysis, and reporting.
- Maintain and update system level requirement docs
- Regular reviews/ carousels with projects:
- Review new designs & design changes on industrialization aspects (manufacturability, serviceability, modularity, etc.,)
- Monitor progress on reaching their system specifications
- Identify and solve cross-project issues. Involve SE (System Engineer) in case of important trade off.
- Where necessary increase group competence by literature research, experimental testing or supervision of external research partners
- Negotiate, define, document and present the specifications of architecture or subsystem
- Define (and organize) test plan to validate system architecture.
- Contribute, participate and define conceptual design during specification phases and ensure design qualifies & work as intended, in specification phases.
- Translate and perform function specifications into design, tested and released hardware.
- Creation and validation of new concepts from “art to part”. (Sketch to High Volume Manufacturing Part)
- Manages a project plan including key deliverables, timeline, and budget.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and experience
Must have advanced degree
- Requires a PhD Degree in Mechanical Engineering specializing in Computational Fluid Dynamics.
- May consider a masters in Mechanical Engineering specializing in Computational Fluid Dynamics and a minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience.
- Experience with doing CFD analysis using commercial codes on piece parts and complete systems required.
- Experience with verification and validation of CFD analysis models with experimental analysis desired.
- NAFEMS PSE (Ref. www.nafems.org) certification desired.
Specialist in advanced technical skills.Individuals with a customer focus have developed the acumen to cultivate and develop lasting customer relations. Requires experience with product development.
- Previous experience with Semiconductor industry desired
- Experience in Structural, dynamic & thermal analysis using Ansys Workbench is desired.
- Expertise in Multiphysics analysis dealing with multiphase elements using Comsol or similar tool is desired.
- Expertise in doing FEA analysis of brittle materials like glass and ceramic is desired.
- In depth knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience in solid modeling, Siemens NX desired.
- Experience in PLM software – Siemens Teamcenter desired
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats is required.
- Demonstrated creativity in solving complex design problems.
- Experience working in a team and have ability to mentor younger engineers and technicians
- Requires strong time management skills in managing multiple projects/activities in parallel
- Travel within and outside the US may be required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
To be completed
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.