You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
5 days ago - J-00245951-887
EUV Research Project Lead
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Physics, Optical engineering, Electrical engineering
Introduction to the job
ASML US, LP brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
“This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.”
Role and responsibilities
We have a unique and exciting opportunity for a EUV Research Project Lead to join a dynamic and innovative Technology Development team, focused on conceiving and demonstrating the technologies required for next generations of high-power extreme ultraviolet (EUV) light sources. Based on a laser produced plasma (LPP), our light source relies on a wide range of unique and challenging technologies, ranging from laser light amplification and high-power optical systems to laser produced plasma for EUV generation, electro-optical signal detection and algorithm-based actuation for process control. You are invited to bring your passion, knowledge and expertise in areas of applied physics, plasmas, metrology, optics, controls, lasers, and experiment design to push the boundaries of these technologies forward. In this role, you will help to advance the EUV source architecture for next generation products. You will be invited to join the research team responsible for pathfinding and innovating technologies that enable the performance of the next generation EUV product. You will interface with controls and software teams who work with laser teams and plasma scientists working together to scale EUV power and stability. As a project lead, you will plan and manage resources for full scale architecture performance demonstrations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for leadership of assigned EUV research projects within the S-Next research program.
- Scope will include facilitation of the generation and maintenance of technology roadmaps, alignment of the roadmaps to the program planning, and project-level execution of the activities within the scope of these roadmaps as they support the program objectives.
- Generation and maintenance of the project plan, detailing all activities to be conducted within the assigned EUV research projects, including test planning, test execution, report generation, etc.
- Ensures proper documentation is completed for each activity within the project, and that adequate documentation exists for the product program and D&E (feasibility results, test procedures, drawings, BOMs).
- Outward reporting towards senior management of the progress and forward looking roadmap of the assigned research projects.
- Ensure the successful demonstration of system-wide performance targets to meet the future technology roadmap, as conducted by the project members.
- Enable technical project team to successfully identify key scientific learning objectives and corresponding experimental design which will further the technological progress of the EUV source.
- Proactively communicates issues and manages the solution paths. Assesses and highlights risks and develops mitigation plans.
- Supports the Program Manager (provides information, fill-in during absence, etc.) as required.
- Ensure completion and delivery of documents of the project team members and facilitate the communication of knowledge to engineering and product development teams.
- Manage and align resources provided by cross-functional teams. Develop resource plans for experimental campaigns and project related work.
- Management of the triple constraint: timing, budget, and resourcing.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Education and experience
- BS or MS degree with 5+ years of relevant experience in physics, plasma engineering, photonics or equivalent technical field.
- Successful demonstration of project management and leadership over the full life-cycle of a project, with corresponding successful completion and delivery of project objectives.
- Understanding of scientific research methods and strong curiosity.
- The successful candidate will not only have excelled in their technical field, but will have demonstrated inter-personal and communications strengths.
- Hands-on experience with complex system design and build, characterization, troubleshooting.
- Ability to clearly and logically communicate ideas and knowledge to various audiences.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.