You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
3 days ago - J-00245954-892
Technical Project Lead
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Introduction to the job
We are seeking a Proto Integrator to join our EUV System Test and Integration group. You will be part of an interdisciplinary team that tests and integrates our EUV systems for Development and Engineering (D&E). Our EUV light source consists of an intricate network of process gases, high power lasers, optics, electronics, mechatronics, and control systems.As the leader of a Machine Integration Team (MIT), your role as a Proto Integrator is key to building a better product though testing, issue identification and resolution, and finding potential design and process improvements.In this technical project management position you will have the opportunity to lead a team of dedicated EUV light source generalists as design validation, upgrades, and test activities are conducted, working to support the deliverables of individual project owners and in accordance to an approved high-level plan or agreed customer escalation.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Contributor for maintaining a safe work environment through review of proposed work, testing, and containment actions for the assigned EUV source.
- Schedules validation and qualification tests, integration, R&D, and upgrades of EUV systems and their components.
- Assesses and highlights risks and develops mitigation plans.
- Ensures assigned Machine Integration Team and other D&E resources capture and drive the identification, containment, and resolution of issues to ensure a quality product is delivered.
- Leverages available and assigned resources to proactively solve problems through troubleshooting.
- Drives the improvement of procedures and processes, both in San Diego Integration and ASML.
- Works with stakeholders from different departments and builds a strong communication network.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams using effective communication methods.
- Accountable for managing the system configuration using existing process and methodology.
- Supports post-mortem reviews on key developments and drives necessary changes into the PGP or other applicable process areas, such as build, operation, upgrades, and decommissioning processes.
- Interprets, implements, and monitors modifications to department methods, processes and policies that affect multiple work groups.
- May provide in-depth reporting to management or internal and external customers.
- Provides input and plans for program related expenses to the Integration Project Lead for Program budget development and forecasting.
- Plans and drives preventive maintenance and upgrades of equipment as required supporting the program plans and maximizing system uptime.
- Creates reports, status updates, and presentations as required to support internal and external program reviews.
- Regularly tracks financial transactions of parts and components for machine assigned in collaboration with program and Finance
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering discipline or Physics.
- 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Strong engineering, technical, and physics fundamentals.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Self-motivated, inquisitive, organized, and resourceful.
- Ability to make decisions based on benefit, risk, time constraints, and opportunity.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize, while staying organized and detailed oriented.
- Excellent communication skills, in verbal, written, and electronic format.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills with the ability to influence, motivate, mentor, and lead team resources.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Sharepoint, SAP, and e-mail systems.
- Ability to lead and influence engineering teams to successfully meet their commitments.
- Ability to define and track short and long-term project goals and resources.
- Knowledge of electronics, gas and vacuum, mechanical systems, lasers, optics, and controls.
- Knowledge of software planning tools such as Microsoft Project, SAP, or similar.
- Knowledge of the semiconductor industry.
- Product development experience utilizing phase gate, milestones, or similar product development process guidelines.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is mainly in an office environment but partially and frequently in a cleanroom setting with full gown, veil, hood, gloves, and boots.
- The office space can be in a cubicle setting or activity-based workspace.
- This is not a remote work position.
- Routinely required to walk, talk, hear, lift, feel, crouch, reach, and stretch.
- Routinely required to wear personal protective equipment including safety glasses, hearing protection, safety shoes, and laser safety glasses.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be capable of working in the lab at floor level to 8 feet high with appropriate ladder.
- May require use of respirator apparatus.
- Shift is typical dayshift hours, may be assigned to work different shifts based on business need.
- Travel to customer sites as required to support product introduction or support local sites.
Diversity & Inclusion
To be completed
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.