You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
12 days ago - J-00246046-873
In a nutshell
Hillsboro - OR, US
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
As a LEAN Business Partner, you will co-lead the Lean transformation within Customer Support with local management towards sustainable improvement, aiming at an overall breakthrough on cost effectiveness and inventory reduction according to the deployment roadmap. You will provide support to the line organization through planning, execution and providing follow up on the deployment activities. Coordinate the necessary training and coaching to employees, including leadership teams, and build internal capabilities through train-the-trainer concepts. The results of the deployment (deliverables, business impact and mindset change) are owned by the management team.
As a LEAN Business Partner you will respectfully challenge the status quo and act as a role model for Lean thinking, and thereby act as a change agent to help ASML’s Customer Support sector in the transformation towards a Lean organization.
The LEAN deployment program within ASML Customer Support is a major change transformation that requires detailed coordination of project and change management elements, training and coaching, event planning, execution & follow up, problem solving and the reporting of the benefits of the program.
Role and responsibilities
- Project leadership: co-designs and runs Lean transformations in specific areas-Is the project leader. Defines the overall work plan. Coordinates the project teams through different phases. Ensures support, provides adequate status updates. Shares responsibility to reach the target together with line management. Enforces prerequisites for sustainability of results. Ensures transfer to line/process manager.
- Mindset changes: transform mindsets to maintain continuous improvement efforts beyond project activities and change current way of working to a Lean way of working. Able to quickly assess (situational awareness) the needs and goals of individual stakeholders and modify their approach to achieve the strategic objectives of the organization while being sensitive to these considerations. Demonstrated ability to effectively establish and maintain working relationships with business line peers at all levels of the organization. Appreciation of cultural diversity and sensitivity when interacting with different technical groups (EUV, DUV, APPS, CSCM, etc.).
- Problem solving leadership: contributes to the improvement of the whole operations value stream by participating in and facilitating problem solving sessions; Ability to identify and solve problems. Ability to identify root causes of technical, operational, service, and financial variances and to recommend solutions. Knowledge of operational workflows in a manufacturing setting. Ability to establish priorities, organizes work, be detail oriented, and follows through, particularly with competing project timelines. Must be able to explain the process and cost/benefit implications of decisions.
- Knowledge transfer: trains and coaches process improvement concepts and tools to a medium-sized number of ASML employees, and management on LEAN principles and behaviors and other stakeholders to enable them to independently function in a LEAN way of working.
- Continuous improvement: identifies potentials for new improvements.
- Business case: evaluates financial consequences of required resources to implement LEAN concepts and translates the realized improvements into positive business impact.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in industrial engineering, Manufacturing (e.g. line, engineering), or equivalent experience.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Has a general understanding of technical topics (through technical background or job experience) or related field.
- 3+ years of work experience in process/quality improvement preferably in the semiconductor field.
- Six Sigma and/or LEAN certification preferred.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Project management and facilitation skills necessary. Must be able to present complex and/or technical information to diverse audiences in a clear and concise manner consistent with their ability to understand and react to the information. Excellent interpersonal communication in groups; can manage/form groups, listen, resolve conflict and give feedback. Self-confidence and interpersonal skills necessary to lead and coordinate a multi-disciplinary team and relate effectively with stakeholders and project teams from a variety of backgrounds to gain consensus with the disparate groups.
- Demonstrated ability to use intermediate and advanced functions of the standard Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Teams, SharePoint, etc.) of application programs, basic statistical process control graphing, and project management application programs adopted by the department. Demonstrated ability to understand the application of and data output of statistical programs adopted by the department.
- Demonstrates a passion for Continuous Improvement and exhibits a positive and solution focused mentality.
- Completion of 1 or more Six Sigma projects required. Certification in Project management preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and coach others.
- Experience in managing projects with multiple project teams, product development lifecycle, or quality lifecycle.
- Advanced knowledge of Lean, DMAIC, Value Stream Mapping, Daily Management, 5S+1, Jidoka, Just-in-Time, Visual Management, Problem Solving, Hoshin Kanri, Facilitation & Training, Coaching, Change Management, Communication, Strategic Partnership & Leadership.
- Ability to properly plan and execute on project deliverables using Lean methodologies.
- Proven ability to lead a project team to successful completion as evidence by measurable and sustained process improvement and timely completion.
- Participation in one or more diverse and complex projects.
- Ability to use statistical process control graphing, project management application programs adopted by the department and the ability to understand data output of statistical and simulation programs adopted by the department.
- Additional relevant experience with continuous improvement methods (problem solving, six sigma) or change/project management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels (operational-executive).
- Demonstrated facilitation and training competencies.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Able to drive, steer, convince and influence others (influencing without power).
- Actively gives and seeks constructive feedback.
- Excellent active listening skills and solution focused team mentality.
- Able to build strong networks and effectively engage and manage stakeholders at multiple levels of the organization, from team members on the field to Senior Managers.
- Ability to positively message and impact change and LEAN mindset as a business necessity.
- A belief in 'walking the talk' and working as a member of a team.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The LEAN Business Partner position is 100% dedicated to the Customer Support Lean deployment as a fulltime member of the program core team and will report directly in to the LEAN Program Manager.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.