You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Project Lead (MDO)- Reticle Defectivity
Research & development
Chemistry & materials science
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Physics, Chemistry & materials science, Other technical job categories
Introduction to the jobWe are strengthening the defectivity team to bring the productivity and customer product yield of our Extreme Ultraviolet (EUV) Scanners to the next level. For this we are looking for candidates that feel enthused by challenges of solving performance issues in our unique, high-tech EUV systems.
Role and responsibilities
As a Project Lead/Main Deliverable Owner (MDO), you are a process manager and will be responsible for rolling out structural solutions to improve defectivity performance on reticles in EUV scanners. You will organize this in a team of engineers as well as execute this yourself. You will assist the project leader and of the Reticle Front-Side Defectivity Technology project in preparing a plan, progress reports and conclusions for your deliverables. You provide input for customer calls and review input prepared by others. This includes reporting to internal and external stakeholders.
Together with your colleagues, you will formulate and verify hypotheses on the origin and transport mechanisms of these particles. This involves contamination and wear, and the effects of the EUV-plasma, electrostatics around the reticle, and chemical processes in the scanner. You will use observations and data from our scanners for this, as well as experiments and numerical simulations.
- Maintaining deliverables’ plan according to the triple constraints of timing, resources and scope.
- Responsible for steering (part of) the projects.
- Manage resources in a team and take operation responsibility within the project. Identify bottlenecks and improvement opportunities within the team/project.
- Contribute to the weekly progress reporting and presentations to stakeholders, including customers.
- Participate in analysis of feedback and data of EUV scanners at our customers. Use of the analysis as input for defining structural solutions, to solve problems and to improved hardware/software designs.
- Design of experiments and modelling, both in ASML as well as in systems in factories abroad.
Education and experience
Education: Technical Master or PhD in experimental physics, materials science, chemistry or data-driven engineering. Experience with statistics and software tools for data-analysis and scanner plasma technology and electrostatics.
Experience: Min. of 8 years relevant experience in the domain area, after studies.
At least two years of experience in the Extreme or advanced Ultra violet scanners expertise, with a preference for experience with root-cause finding, with defectivity or contamination control and with the technology used in our top modules. Experience with working with our local teams and with our customers is an advantage.
Experience in managing team members for 3+ years
Good to have: Knowledge on Plasma and Electrostatics
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
You pro-actively drive for results and takes ownership. Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- You are able to work in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- You are able to effectively assess a complex problem on different physical scales, from various angles, and with incomplete information.
- You have strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude. You are able to constructively discuss ideas with your colleagues.
- You are able to work in a multidisciplinary team. You transfer knowledge effectively to others. You have good communicational skills, also under pressure.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The holder of the position reports to the group leader Plasma & Metrology and will also work closely with the EUV Reticle Defectivity IC-owner. The group is in the D&E MC Defectivity & OLT Performance department.
Travel: This position includes occasional travel to our customers or to other ASML sites (Wilton).
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.