You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
4 days ago - J-00246256-024
Senior Electrical Engineer 1
Other job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
We are currently seeking a Facilities Electrical Engineer to join our Corporate Real Estate (CRE) Facilities team in San Diego. Responsible to facilitate ASML employees, customers, suppliers and visitors to provide optimal working conditions in a safe and comfortable environment for San Diego and west coast locations.
Role and responsibilities
The Facilities Electrical Engineer is responsible for managing the electrical facilities project activities within a Facilities program by providing a broad engineering design background and has the ability to perform designs, calculations, approve floor plans, construction plans and specs, evaluate contractor bids, and present recommendations to senior management. Working with internal stakeholders, the Facilities Electrical Engineer will assess each project’s needs and be responsible for overall project planning, budget estimating, scheduling, project accounting and control. The Facilities Electrical Engineer will provide technical direction while ensuring a safe worksite and compliance with quality standards for San Diego and west coast locations.
- Strong technical knowledge on facilities electrical infrastructure including but not limited to electrical distribution, lighting, motors, power panel distribution, MCC’s, VFD’s, emergency power generator and UPS systems.
- Compliance knowledge of building codes, fire/life safety regulations and OSHA requirements.
- Responsible for but is not limited to broad engineering design background and has the ability to perform designs, calculations, approve floor plans, construction plans and specs, evaluate contractor bids, and present recommendations to senior management.
- Develop and maintains strategic plan such as Utility Master Plan, Energy Master Plan, roadmaps for end of life equipment replacement, redundancy and growth of utility capabilities.
- Creating, tracking and maintaining schedules, budgets, costs, performance targets, specifications, resource plans, manufacturability, reliability, maintenance and detailed planning and construction coordination activities for Facility Project deliverables.
- Assesses risk and mitigation strategies, highlighting issues and manage solutions. Must be proficient at executive communications and perform root cause analysis.
- Responsible for all phases of utility systems from inception through project completion, including requirement generation, design, commissioning and proper maintenance to ensure utility system performance.
- Ensures excellent communication (through effective meetings, email, and other means) to ensure facilities project plan and status is communicated and followed with stakeholders, architects, engineers, subcontractors and tenants.
- Monitors Architect Engineering consultant performance; insure adherence to terms and conditions of agreements and to successfully meet project objectives.
- Ensures a constant high level of facility operations in line with existing policies and guidelines. You will further contribute to develop policies and guidelines as ASML evolves.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and experience
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering field (EE, ME preferred) and a minimum of 5 years of relevant facilities experience.
- Strong technical knowledge desired in electrical distribution, general HVAC, clean room filtration, boilers, water purification, wastewater collection and treatment, central plant utilities exhaust ventilation, air treatment systems, high-purity gas distribution, gas detection, safety alarm systems, electrical distribution and clean room operations desired.
- Experience with Microsoft suite of programs (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Project). AutoCAD desirable.
- Sufficient technical knowledge and experience to be able to communicate effectively with the project teams, and to check/review their plans and progress.
- Demonstrated success with a sense of urgency and ability to manage multiple priorities and projects under pressure.
- Working experience in an international setting with the ability to work with other cultures.
- Ability to plan development expenses over a quarter to quarter period and track expenses.
- Ability to adapt processes to improve inefficiencies and accelerate product development.
- Ability to read and optimize engineering documentation, proficient in the construction process, safety procedures, construction materials and methods. Read and understand blueprints and ensure site compliance with safety and environmental requirements.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills with the ability to influence, motivate, mentor, and lead team resources.
- Ability to solve problems and implement solutions to complex problems with available resources.
- Ability to access and plan staffing requirements for projects and technical/non-technical qualifications/capabilities of staff members.
- Ability to lead and manage consulting engineering teams to successfully meet project objectives.
- Proactive self-starter; self-motivator; willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
To be completed
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.