You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Software Development Engineer In Test - Guaranteed sign on bonus and relocation
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
Introduction to the job
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December 23, 2022.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
We are looking for hardworking and results-oriented software engineers with a passion for writing test & verification code, who enjoy working in a dynamic multidisciplinary team.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
You will work in the Architecture & Quality (A&Q) group in a Department of highly skilled software engineers responsible for developing software that enables the ever increasing miniaturization of semiconductor technology. In order to provide the most value to the customer as early as possible, the A&Q team uses Agile methodology to develop the verification software: written in C or Python. As part of continuous integration, the team creates the verification code to ensure the product software meets the high quality standards our customers expect.
You will also participate in continuous improvement of process & automation, aimed at ensuring the processes and tools used throughout the A&Q group are increasing the team’s ability to verify the quality of customer software in the most efficient manner.
Education and experience
- Undergraduate degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Master’s degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 2 years software verification and validation and/or test automation experience.
- Minimum of 2 years Python and/or C/C++ development experience.
- Deep understanding in software test methodology. Ability to design highly effective test strategies and decompose functional requirements into test cases.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and creative approach to problem solving.
- Experience working on Linux and/or Unix platforms.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, customer focused and multidisciplinary environment.
- Experience in requirement management and familiarity with associated tooling is a plus.
- Experience with C or C++ in embedded software development is a plus.
- Experience in CI/CD automation pipeline is a plus.
- Experience in static code analysis tool such as Valgrind, CodeSonar, Sonarqube, is a plus.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.