You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Hardware Change Coordinator - Customer Support
Other job categories
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories, Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
The sector Customer Support is responsible for the maintenance and repair of ASML systems at customer locations. CS supports the customers in the use of these complex lithographic systems in their production process. This involves transferring all relevant knowledge to support the customer in the use of these systems in their production process.
CS Central enables effective support of the customer by the worldwide service organization by providing technical knowledge and process support at the customer site. The System Maturation Support Team supports the field offices, upgrade teams and customers through the challenging new product introduction phase of a product or upgrade package for both hardware and software.
Your mission is to develop a large support network in Veldhoven and demonstrate strong organizational and coordination skills during FCO introductions. The ultimate goal is to drive the quality and maturity of released FCO’s to meet the customer committed performance and cycle time requirements. This is done through early involvement, cross competence collaboration and feedback the voice of the customer/ local team towards our stakeholders.
Role and responsibilities
As worldwide FCO rollout coordinator you enable the field to implement design changes by working in close interaction with Development & Engineering (D&E), Logistics, central CS Service engineering & NPI and the local field organization. The underlying process is essential for maturing our products at the customer. The changes can be divided into hardware and software changes which are sometimes interrelated. The worldwide FCO rollout coordinator deals with the coordination of these changes for our EUV machines installed at our customers.
ASML is continuously driving for system maturation and improving system performance on the EUV installed base in the field. System maturation and system performance improvements are, amongst others, achieved through design changes and are introduced via Change Request and Change Notification (CR/CN) in MyChange. Coordination of implementing these changes on products in the field is done by working in close interaction with Development (D&E), Logistics (PLM & CSCM), CS Service Engineering, CS NPI and the local field organization (CS). In ASML these hardware changes are also known as Field Change Orders (FCOs). The intent of the job is to coordinate the roll-out of these FCOs as defined in the development process to the field. This has to be done in close cooperation with logistics and the coordinator has to assure that the field organization gets all information for implementing the FCOs together with the business case information that is needed for customer communication.
The WW FCO Rollout Coordinator has the following main responsibilities:
- Interact with D&E prior to FCO release via the Change Implementation Board (CIB) team; ensure completeness and quality of FCO deliverables are fulfilled prior to delivery
- Manages the FCO webpage content. Communicates clearly on the content of the webpage and asks feedback from the field to improve the data content
- Drive & track FCO rollout planning, including planning with field coordinators via bi-weekly calls
- Aligning with logistics on machine assignment and parts availability
- Alignment with EUV factory and CS Upgrades
- Close cooperation with Competency Engineers and local CS field FCO coordinators
- Creates KT material on FCOs and provides FCO training to direct internal colleagues
- Keep track in SAP on equipment FCO assignments and FCO execution status in the field
- Managing the FCO expiration and making old FCOs obsolete
- Maintains knowledge of ASML FCO/CR/CN specific technical or procedural details
- Allocates and schedules resources to execute FCOs (scanner and source)
- Cooperate with CS-PL Upgrades to ensure FCO implementation is efficiently incorporated with upgrades Creates overview on FCO deliverables for project and local stakeholders prior to upgrade activities
- Reporting (KPIs) and maintain dashboard on FCO implementation status
- Guarding and optimizing the FCO rollout process
- Implementing new FCO policies / agreements
Education and experience
- Bachelor or Master graduate in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics,Computer Science or comparable.
- Experience in a challenging environment with high tech products and complex processes;
- 2-3 years’ relevant work experience in one or more relevant work domains like Development & Engineering or Service;
- Knowledge of ASML machines and the ASML CS Field organization is beneficial.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Team player, outgoing and approachable;
- Ability to motivate and convince others at all levels of the organization
- Strong technical background and a drive towards solutions
- Capable of dealing with a very broad range of technical subjects
- Pro-active attitude and taking initiative
- Process oriented, results driven
- Strong consultative communication skills, being able to explain / present matters to people with different skills and background
- Customer focus
- Ability to create overview and guide quality decision making
- Ability to work in cross-sector teams
- Good communication skills (multi-cultural and towards different levels)
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills and presentation skills
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
In this position you report to the group-lead of the CN CS EUV CE System Maturation Support team.
This job can require that you travel to customer sites across the globe (2-3 times a year for a period of 1-2 weeks).
Please include your resume and a cover letter when applying for this role where you explain your motivation to join our team.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.