You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
In a nutshell
Hillsboro - OR, US
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Within ASML the Customer Support (CS) group is responsible for the maintenance, repair and continuous improvement of ASML systems at customer locations. One of the segments within CS is EUV Upgrades. The EUV Upgrades organization prepares and executes commercial upgrades on EUV installed base systems. These upgrades are run 24/7 in a customer production environment with a team of approx. 15 to 50 engineers over a period of 5 to 52 weeks. CS EUV Upgrades is a global organization with presence at different locations in the world.
As a CS EUV Upgrades Planner, you are involved in the scheduling of upgrades at the local customer site. You are furthermore the main responsible person to secure the required resources for these complex commercial upgrades, interacting with world-wide counterparts at other customer sites and central locations. The planner’s mission is to achieve a timely, reliable, and optimized planning for upgrades on ASML machines, whilst ensuring a level of flexibility for our customers. The planning must be in line with the department strategy-both the local office and the global upgrades organization-and take all relevant dependencies into account (e.g.: employee work-life balance, utilization, stakeholder departments, visa requirements, core competences and teams).
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
The planner will collaborate with the local organization to optimize the maintenance and upgrade strategy for the local customer site. He or she collaborates with various stakeholders and interfaces to achieve an optimal upgrades schedule that can be supported by all relevant parties in terms of people, parts, tools, sequences and procedures, as well as available warehouse and cleanroom space.
Your main tasks are:
- Participate in the creation of an integrated plan for scheduled maintenance, repair actions, and commercial upgrades for the local customer site.
- Plan, schedule, and arrange customer support and expert resources for the execution of repairs and upgrades on ASML machines at the customer site, in cooperation with the other global planning teams.
- Monitor execution and timely determine impact on the integrated local plan. Determine the consequences of proposed plan changes and related actions at project, program, and site level.
- Management reporting to stakeholders and project managers, covering long-term upgrades planning as well as delays, impacts, and contingencies/mitigations.
- Maintain digital documentation about the upgrades (including status, planning, roadmaps, etc.) and provide administrative support to CS EUV upgrades when required.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Business Economics, or similar, or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of three years’ experience as a project planner and relevant business processes is required.
- Experience in a CS support department for high tech experience with lithography equipment is preferred.
- Affinity with project management is preferred.
- Proficiency with advanced Microsoft Excel functionality is required. Knowledge of database and SAP software is preferred.
- Good documentation skills and excellent command of the English language.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Structured and accurate way of working.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Result-oriented, with the ability to inspire and motivate.
- Ability to influence others without formal power.
- Ability to thrive in a very dynamic and high-paced environment.
- Open to other cultures and able to work in a diverse team.
- Motivated, pro-active, self-driven, and flexible.
- Able to multitask and interface with different levels of stakeholders.
- Good team player and committed to the success of ASML.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.