You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Test Engineer- Manufacturing (Multiple shifts available)
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Electrical engineering, Mechanical engineering, Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Ariz., San Jose and San Diego, Calif., Wilton, Conn., and Hillsboro, Ore.
As a manufacturing laser test engineer, you will perform all factory acceptance tests required to certify a laser system for customer delivery.
Role and responsibilities
Tests laser systems and validates manufacturing processes.Functional tests, optical alignment, functional test, equipment calibration, station setup and process development support.Recommend changes in design, methods, and procedures to enhance product quality.
- Uses standardized tools and electronic equipment (i.e., torque wrenches, electric and pneumatic screwdrivers and ball drivers, lifting equipment, computers, oscilloscopes) to assemble/install/remove or perform testing and troubleshooting.
- Trains others on areas of test processes and troubleshooting when required.
- Performs a variety of moderately complex technical service/support duties requiring specialized knowledge (i.e., sub-assembly, assembly, build, test, R&D, QA).
- Utilizes functional area databases to run reports and analyze/trend data; Makes recommendations to management in order to meet production needs.
- Interfaces with design engineers to support special tests and experiments with detailed instructions.
- Documents and monitors safety or security violations critical to product quality or operations.
- Uses specialized test equipment such as leak testing, Hi - Pot and alignment instruments.
- Pressurizes Gas, and Water systems with Helium and troubleshoot failures.
- Reads and understands business documents such as Bill of Materials, routing sheets, inventory records and work instructions.
- Uses cleaning cloths with Acetone, Methanol, and Isopropyl alcohol to wipe surfaces prior to shipping product.
- Maintains a clean work area, and is responsible for designated tools (routine maintenance and calibration).
- Installs electrical connectors to modules.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and experience
Knowledge base generally requires AS or related degree.Requires minimum of six (6) years of experience; may have fewer years of experience with a Bachelor's degree.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Associate's or Bachelor’s Degree in technical or scientific field is highly desired.
- Experience in using all electronic/pneumatic tools.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics/drawings.
- Basic understanding of laser systems is required.
- Ability to apply advanced knowledge of Company policies and technical skills in support of multiple products, services and components.
- Strong electrical/ electronic background.
- Ability to troubleshoot, identify and correct problems in complex software-driven electronic systems, (not circuit-board troubleshooting).
- Familiarity with cleanroom protocol is preferred.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, basic algebra.
- Full to advanced proficiency with a wide variety of tools and equipment (e.g., oscilloscopes, voltage and current probes, multi-meters, chart recorders,and Helium Sniffers).
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.