You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Team Leader - Mechanical System Layout
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
Are you amachine builder professional with a broad machine scope? Do you have experiencein leading a team, lay out and mechanical architecture? And do you have a strongdrive in mechanical architecture and improving the manufacturability andserviceability of our systems by smart layout solutions and steering a teamof driven engineers, then this function might fit you perfectly.
Role and responsibilities
Coach, organize and grow a team (~10 layout-engineers and architects) whichdefines and validates the mechanical system layout ourmachines so they can be manufactured andserviced in an efficient and robust way.Organize timing and quality of thedeliveries of the team. Support feasibility and concepts studies on newhardware that will be added to the machine with the team.
- Maintain overview of the system layout studies and manage budgets for volume, mass, tolerances, seismic and installation in order to find solutions for functionality and module changes. Manage the team on these deliveries with regards to quality, timing and team spirit.
- Support line manager on coaching, training, appraisals, future workload assessments
- Support, organize structural WoW improvements related to the competencies
- Willing and able to become competence leader of at least one of the domains (e.g. Volume management, mass management, tolerance management).
- Represent the team performance towards project organization, including sharing a future oriented mindset.
Education and experience
- Bachelor or Master degree in a Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience in layout and mechanical architecture of complete machines orcomplex products (like cars, aerospace)
- At least 7years working experience in related field
- Experience incoaching, managerial competences preferred
- Strong communicator. Easily cooperates with other projects and disciplines. Lead by example
- Critical on design solutions (of others). High drive for quality & able to motivate
- Pro-active attitude in getting the information (regular go to clean room, talk to people in projects)
- Helicopter view. Easily can determine priorities and main risks
- Good analytical skills. Works structured.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
You will be part of the Mechanical Layout (ML) project, which is amongst others responsible for the mechanical system architecture. The team doesn’t deliver hardware themselves, but has an overall responsibility during the whole V-cycle, that the total system can be build, transported, installed and serviced in a safe and efficient way.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.