You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Treasury Manager Korea
In a nutshell
Introduction to the job
Are you keen to take up a new challenge in a global fast growing company? Are you a strong, all-round senior
Treasury professional with broad experience in cash and financial risk management and inter-company and bank
financing? Then the role as Senior Treasury Manager Korea might be something for you.
A professional who makes the difference because it’s in your nature to understand a multinational business and
can translate that into effective and efficient cash and financial risk management, financing solutions and related
treasury compliancy areas.
Role and responsibilities
The Senior Treasury Manager Korea is responsible for:
- Financial risk, cash & investment management expertise and advisory in Asia, keeping in mind the global perspective. Being able to assess and quantify financial exposures and translate these into hedging and investment strategies that are effective in protecting the company for financial loss and creating a risk balanced return on the investment portfolio.
- Set up of intercompany financing structures and related instruments in close alignment within the local and global Expert Advisory team.
- Assure cash, investment and financial risk management in a compliant way within the ASML group by understanding and application of local laws and regulations related to the treasury activities within the ASML group;
- The treasury environment - including related suppliers like banks and IT application providers,
technology, instruments, techniques, solutions. For effective, compliant and efficient management of treasury activities it is important to keep up with the latest developments and ensure implementation of required changes in the end-to-end business processes and systems.
- Collaboration and alignment within the broader finance organization and within the Expert Advisory team. It is important to make sure that any projects, ad hoc questions or changes within the group will be implemented successfully in processes and the internal control framework and that cross functional impact is properly taken into account.
- Maintain an external network of peers, external counsel, banks, regulators and advisors in order to be up to date on latest developments and apply external best practices.
Education and experience
- Strongly preferred Master’s degree in relevant field with strong analytical and problem solving ability
- Fluent in English both verbally and in writing;
- Over 12 years’ experience in Treasury in large globally operating companies with demonstrated Treasury achievements in the relevant Asian markets
- In depth knowledge of cash & investment management, financial risk management, related instruments, deal-making/negotiating, bank relationship management and relevant accounting and contracting.
- Experience in managing and coaching a multi-cultural team working in different locations globally, including solid understanding and experience with setting up admin and control frameworks and organization
- Solid understanding of underlying business processes and related financial flows
- Good knowledge of relevant legal, accounting and taxation aspects
- Leadership skill influence without power
- MNC with matrix organization experience required
- Strong drive with a hands-on, structured, accurate and result oriented working style;
- Team player with the ability to build relationships with colleagues globally, also in other functional areas;
- Multi-disciplinary & multi-cultural understanding, values differences and is able to bridge between different departments and people;
- Strives for continuous improvement;
- Committed and flexible (going the extra mile);
- Has a strategic and innovative mindset;
- Is able and dares to kick the tires/challenge the status quo;
- Demonstrable ability to engage and manage senior and different level stakeholders and
- multicultural audience through superior communication and presentation skills.
- Creative in anticipating changes in business activities and their risk consequences
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.