You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Supplier Improvement Manager
Sourcing & Supply Chain
Logistics & supply chain management
In a nutshell
Sourcing & Supply Chain
Logistics & supply chain management
Introduction to the job
ASML supports the semiconductor industry’s ongoing quest for producing faster, smarter and more energy efficient chips. We are a young, dynamic, international and highly skilled workforce. ASML creates the systems that the semiconductor industry needs to achieve its goals. This can only be accomplished with a strong support of our suppliers.
Do youhave a passion to drive supplier improvement on Quality, Logistics, Technology and Costs?
Are you experienced in process improvement to drive efficiency and increase output by improvement of manufacturing and logistics processes in a high-tech environment?
If you are looking for a next challengein your career – Join the ASML Sourcing and Supply Chain central Supplier Quality Improvement team, a team of Supplier Audit and Supplier Improvement professionals.
The Supplier Improvement team identifies risks, improvement opportunities and drives continuous improvement in key processes at suppliers related to Quality, Logistics, Technology, Cost and Sustainability (QLTCS) performance.
As Supplier Improvement Manager you act as an independent expert to identify risks and improvement opportunities, verify risk mitigations and drive QLTCS improvements at suppliers and in the ASML supply chain to secure both quality and meet customer demand.
Role and responsibilities
The Supplier Improvement Manager plans, executes, and leads cross-sector supplier assessments versus defined ASML requirements and standards.He/she supports the Categories and Supplier Account Teams in driving effective resolution of key quality, logistics, or technology issues in the supply chain by executing diagnostics at suppliers to identify key improvement initiatives to secure quality and customer demand.
Together with the Categories the supplier strategy is translated in an agreed supplier development plan.Supplier assessments are done in collaboration with a cross-sector expert team.Improvement opportunities are identified and planned in aligned with both supplier management and ASML Categories.Supplier improvements are supported by dedicated ASML team and ultimately the improvements are verified on expected deliverables.
Education and experience
- Master or Bachelor degree in Engineering, Science or Management Sciences.
- Seniority and broad experience in: supplier improvement, supplier management, manufacturing, logistics, development & engineering.
- > 5 years working experience preferably at ASML or other high-tech companies, working with complex products and processes
- Auditing experience, preferably in semiconductor industry
- Broad experience with different technologies (e.g. mechatronics, optical etc.)
- Experience with new product introductions at suppliers
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Professional with demonstrated results.
- Broad expertise of LEAN and Quality tools: e.g. Value Stream Mapping, GEMBA, Yield Improvement, QFD, FMEA,
- Design Reviews, Design for Reliability, Ishikawa, 5 Why analysis, 8D, MSA, SPC, statistical methods, Kaizen events, brainstorming sessions
- Expertise in risk management
- Experienced in project management
- Broad manufacturing knowledge: World-class operations, Flow-production, Lean Manufacturing, Cleanroom standards and procedures, 5S etc.
- Strong personality with natural authority towards supplier and ASML assessment team
- Organizational knowledge and business sense (good feeling where “win – win” can be obtained for ASML and suppliers)
- Excellent stakeholder management and relationship building skills
- Excellent ability to manage change with the ability to overcome resistance and persist in achieving the mission
- Enthusiastic, motivates and empowers colleagues
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Context of the position
ASML is a leading provider of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry, employingmore than 30.000 people in 16 countries. Its success is based on four pillars: technology leadership combined with customer and supplier intimacy, highly efficient manufacturing and entrepreneurial spirit.
Within this organization the Sourcing & Supply Chain (S&SC) sector is responsible for all commercial and operational supplier interactions; Strategic sourcing & procurement, supply chain phase-in and phase-out of new and changed products,integrated supply chain planning, customer supply chain management on spare parts and upgrades, logistics operations and spares.
The Supplier Improvement Manager:
- Reports to the Group Lead of QNI Supplier Audits
- Functions as part of the ASML Sourcing and Supply Chain central Quality organization
- Interfaces with internal stakeholders at ASML & external key suppliers
- Contributes to the continuous improvement of the Supplier Audit framework of ASML
The position requires frequent travelling up to ~60%
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.