You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Vacuum System Expert
In a nutshell
Introduction to the job
You have profound knowledge of modern vacuum systems and vacuum components, obtained through multiple years experience as a vacuum systems expert in the industry. You are aware of the new developments in your domain and are eager to bring this to ASML. You combine a strong analytical and conceptual mind with a pragmatic and persistent attitude. You are able to work independently in a dynamic and complex environment and are willing to go the extra mile to get to your goal. You possess a resilient personality, with both feet on the ground, qualifying you as an individual not easy to overlook. You see the big picture without missing the important details.
If you recognize yourself in the above, then we are looking for you! Join our enthusiastic and committed team in developing the vacuum solutions for our next generation of EUV scanners and bring ASML’s vacuum competence to the next level!
Role and responsibilities
As Vacuum Systems Expert you have profound knowledge of vacuum systems and vacuum components. Your knowledge was built during your education and expanded though multiple years of experience in the design, implementation and qualification of complex vacuum systems, preferably in the semiconductor industry. You are up-to-speed wrt the available vacuum technologies including vacuum quality monitoring and control.
With your extensive domain knowledge you provide guidance in vacuum system design choices, running from architectural choices to selection of components and system improvements. You address critical aspects and risks in the designs of your (internal and external) customer and offer solutions to solve them.You know the vacuum supplier landscape and their capabilities. To come to a well-industrialized product you take this information into consideration in the design process.
In case of complex issues and escalations you are not afraid to step in and provide analysis support to solve the problem.
Being a lithography enabler, molecular and particle cleanliness is a very important part of ASML’s vacuum competence and it is expected that you include cleanliness considerations by default in your way of thinking.
While focusing on your area of expertise, you also share your knowledge with the team through knowledge transfers as well as on-the-job by adding your competence to your colleagues’ work.
Thus we create a solid team of vacuum experts that work together to make ASML deliver the perfect product!
- Define and implement vacuum solutions for current and future ASML applications
- Participate in design reviews – ensure vacuum risks are mitigated while keeping focus on availability and costs
- Provide support in escalations related to vacuum modules, participate in the analysis of (field & factory) data
- Troubleshoot issues related to the vacuum flow architecture, subsystem or modules
- Have firm understanding of behavior of vacuum systems and vacuum components in ASML systems and consequences for requirements – application of the Ultra Clean Vacuum requirements.
Education and experience
MSc or PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering, Applied Physics, Chemical Engineering or a closely related field of study.
- Solid theoretical and practical experience in vacuum systems and applications related to the field of vacuum and sub-atmospheric gas flows
- Profound knowledge of vacuum equipment, experience with vacuum system design
- Hands-on experience with vacuum systems and vacuum monitoring & control
- Several years working experience in semiconductor industry and supplier interaction is an asset
- Experience in designing vacuum systems (knowledge of types of TMPs, pressure gauge etc)
- Experience in working with RGA systems and outgassing spectra.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills
- Able to perform in highly dynamic environment
- Ability to organize work effectively and having a systematic approach in problem solving
- Ability to provide technical direction, motivate and convince a team of professionals
- Good analysis skills & experienced with analysis sw tools (for example Matlab, Labview, Excel)
- Pragmatic and result-oriented attitude
- You are able to proactively align with various direct and indirect stakeholders
- You are an enthusiastic personality with a creative mindset and can-do mentality
- Good communication skills and good command of the English language (both written and verbal)
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
ASML’s Development & Engineering (D&E) sector is responsible for the specification, design and integration of the ASML machines. Within the D&E sector, the Machine Conditioning (MC) cluster takes care of the environmental control in the scanners & sources. As part of the MC cluster, the Vacuum Architecture group specifies, designs and implements vacuum & gas flow based EUV scanner solutions and controls to secure high and stable EUV transmission of the optical column while protecting the in-vacuum optics, reticles & wafers from molecular and particle contamination.
To strengthen our team we are looking for an experienced Vacuum Systems Expert
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.