You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Senior EHS Specialist
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
Introduction to the jobAssists in the development and implementation of Environmental Health and Safety programs to address government regulations/standards, fully addressing their implications on the facility. Develops, presents, and ensures the completion of any employee training in Environmental Health and Safety policy and procedures. Researches industry “Best-Practices” to ensure world class leadership in EHS.Performs risk assessments and recommends corrective actions in R&D and Manufacturing environments. Ensures a thorough investigation of incidents. Uses knowledge to develop solutions and engage resources to implement improvements to Environmental Health and Safety issues/challenges.
Role and responsibilities
- Improve EHS workplace performance by promoting an incident-free work place, identifying and mitigating EHS risk and implementing safety and environmental management systems in accordance with regulations, corporate compliance policies and standards.
- Communicates all findings, concerns, and deficiencies to the responsible managers to effect timely and necessary corrections.
- Develops and implements strategic solutions that will support management's efforts to improve and maintain compliance as required.
- Performs duties related to the hazard identification and control process, safe work planning, inspection and assessment, incident investigation, hazardous materials/waste management, emergency preparedness, fire/life safety, ergonomics, industrial hygiene, training, safe work procedure development, and regulatory compliance recordkeeping and documentation.
- Identifies opportunities to reduce costs while enhancing quality of services.
- Conduct necessary safety trainings for employees and ensure compliance and understanding.
- Guide and direct departments toward compliance with local, state and federal safety and environmental regulations, and corporate compliance polices.
- Facilitate and engage business unit teams and team members to drive projects that will lead to reductions in accidents, energy use, and waste minimization.
- Ensure timely submittal of required state, federal and/or local environmental and safety regulatory reports.
- Participate in Safety Committees and team meetings.
- Conduct inspections and audits throughout the entire manufacturing facility to identify existing or potential hazards and determine corrective or preventative measures.
- Assist in incident investigations and problem solving.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of federal, state and local OSHA regulations, safety codes and environmental quality regulations.
- Conduct safety risk assessments and environmental risk assessments.
- Write and implement new safety procedures.
- Conduct ergonomics evaluations, prepares associated documentation and provides employee workstation ergonomic recommendations.
- Decisions made with in-depth understanding and interpretation of procedures, company policies and business practices to achieve general results.
- Support workers’ compensation and loss prevention programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and experience
- Bachelors degree, environmental studies is preferred but not mandatory.
- Requires a minimum of (4-7) years of related experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- California local OSHA regulations, safety codes and environmental quality regulations.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellentcustomer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customerrelationship building.
- Abilityto use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems.
- Indepth knowledge of EHS regulations and regulatory requirements.
- Usesstrong project management skills in facilitating projects/activities.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal, state and local health and safety, and environmental regulations is essential.
- Direct experience dealing with regulatory agencies and / or compliance officers is required.
- Strong competence with the various tools, procedures used to accomplish the job.
- Experience working in manufacturing, construction, and facility maintenance and management is beneficial.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.