You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Applications Engineer Chandler
In a nutshell
Chandler - AZ, US
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Applications Engineering-Creating Tomorrow’s Value: We pro-actively enable business development and drive customer adoption of a tailored portfolio of sustainable ASML solutions by applying our industry product and process knowledge in a collaborative learning environment.
You are responsible for providing solutions to lithography applications problems related to the optimization of the ASML scanner and its applications performance enhancement options. You will use personally accumulated knowledge supported by a worldwide applications & ASML headquarters’ network, combined with analytical skills to analyze and identify opportunities for ASML scanner optimizations towards improving customer’s on-product performance. Driven by a determination to never give up, you’ll troubleshoot lithography issues potentially related to ASMLs product portfolio. You will do this in close collaboration with the customer, and often connected to the introduction of a new technology node for high volume manufacturing. Your scope includes enabling Scanner platform, troubleshooting platform structural gaps. Your proposals for application product improvement can cover a wide variety of solutions concerning scanner set-up and usage.
You are expected to grow into a role where you can represent ASML as a technical expert in the field and get recognition of this by the customer. Since you will be working intimately with customers and sensitive customer data, a high level of integrity is required for securing confidentiality, while at the same time being able to translate customer issues into problem statements for ASML.
Role and responsibilities
- Key expert in application team to support customer in semiconductor industry with deep understanding of process knowledge.
- Leading critical escalation and be able to manage customer expectation and drive factory to deliver timely support.
- Define and drive customer requirements for existing or evaluation products based on technical intimacy with the customer.
- Be familiar with advanced technique of lithography and distribute the knowledge within apps team.
- Engage with ASML D&E and customer R&D team to define the solution roadmap.
- Engage with each BL on business development and identify improvement potentials of ASML products and benefit our customers.
- Adopt creative approach when facing challenge, be enthusiasm to explore the unknown area in new technology.
- Drive implementation of CS Apps community’s vision and mission.
- Become an expert in 2 or more application engineer competencies.
- Be able to work and coordinate across departments to ensure smooth troubleshooting process.
Education and experience
- MS or PhD in Physics, Optics, Electronics, Micro-electronics, Mechanical Engineering, Material Science Engineering, Chemical Engineering or IC manufacturing or equivalent experience.
- Must have strong organizational, communication, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Detailed oriented individuals with strong critical thinking, problem solving and follow-up skills.
- Fast learner with strong self-motivation to grow technically; be able to perform job at high standard with minimum supervision, and demonstrated ability to thrive in a high pressure and fast paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize and organize actions effectively and efficiently.
- Basic project management skills.
- Self-starter that shows high drive, creativity, ambition and accountability.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills.
- Strong technical background, drive towards collaboration and solutions.
- Deep understanding of Advanced Semiconductor process.
- Familiarity with ASML portfolio of solutions.
- Software skills (MATLAB, Excel, PowerPoint, Python).
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Strong customer focus intimacy and ability to manage customer relationships.
- Strong communication skills to collaborate with different stakeholders internally (Account Team, Business Development Managers, Project team, VHV headquarter, etc.) and external customers.
- Can work under pressure, especially critical escalation handling.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs. Travel up 30% (Veldhoven, Netherlands; Taiwan;San Jose, US; Wilton, US; Albuquerque, US; Hillsboro, US).
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.