You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Logistics & supply chain management
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Logistics & supply chain management
Introduction to the job
We are expanding our team and looking to add a savvy Material Planner with a passion for high tech manufacturing. At ASML, we look for subject matter experts who have the desire to create and inspire change in a growing organization.As a Material Planner you will ensure the effective flow of all materials, manage inventory levels, reduce waste, and balance output. If you have a desire to be part of a thriving fast paced company that offers challenge, encourages creativity and innovation, we want you to consider ASML.
Role and responsibilities
- Analyzes and executes MRP planned supply messages to release new purchase and repair/refurbishment requisitions to buyers to support production
- Manages material delivery schedule at supplier by tracking delivery dates and expediting open orders appropriately
- Effectively escalates material shortages that cannot be easily resolved
- Manages reverse logistics flow of defective material by returning to supplier or scrapping
- Resolves incorrect MRP messages with key stakeholders
- Manages transition of open POs due to Engineering Change Orders
- Maintains metrics to measure supplier performance, on time delivery, adherence to reschedule messages, etc.
- Executes special and/or ongoing research and data analysis tasks on behalf ofmanagement.
- Create continuous awareness and drive improvements,internally and externally, to make processes more efficient by eliminating waste (LEAN)
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in the direction of Supply Chain Management, (International) Business, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Finance.
- 1 to 6 years’ experience in a related role, ideally in a technology industry.
- Advanced degree or professional certification such as APICS or C.P.M is a plus
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- This position is located on-site in San Diego, CA and is a hybrid remote/onsite role.This role will require you to attend in-person work-related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation. Flexible work policy is 3 days in the office and 2 days at home.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.