You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Privacy Officer for Employee Data
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
At ASML we are looking for an new colleague to join our Privacy department. Do you have a genuine interest in Privacy and Data protection laws and regulations? Do not wait longer and start reading about the interest opportunity we offer at ASML! Contributing in setting up and maintaining the ASML privacy practice, supporting ASML in its Privacy Compliance Journey with specific regards to Employee and other Workers related Data matters, enabling and monitoring the implementation of the ASML privacy strategy, ASML privacy programs and ASML privacy control framework within the relevant areas, with a main focus -but not exclusively- on the non-HR employees and other Workers related data matters (“Employee data”).
Role and responsibilities
Being responsible for:
- Acting as a Business Partner with regards to the ASML departments / countries / regions involved in the processing of Employee and other Workers related Data;
- Handling and supporting the execution of the Data Privacy Impact Assessments and general privacy questions / inquiries with regards to the initiatives involving the processing of Employee and other Workers related Data;
- Identifying Privacy risks, related to the processing of ASML Employee and other Workers related Data, advising the relevant Department in the treatment of such risks and supporting the implementation of specific countermeasures / Privacy Actions Plan;
- Owning the maintenance of Privacy Notices related to Employee and other Workers related Data;
- Advising and supporting over the implementation of ASML systems, processes and way of workings related to Employee and other Workers related Data (e.g. digital capabilities, access and mobility related initiatives, research, development and manufacturing systems, Works Council consultations and approvals).
- Setting up and implementing a solid framework to facilitate Privacy Compliance with regards to Employee and other Workers related Data (i.e. employees, business partners, suppliers, external collaborators, institutional persons);
- ASML Privacy Programs / Projects;
- The maintenance, implementation and monitoring of the application of the ASML Binding Corporate Rules.
- The ASML regions (i.e. ASIA, US, EU) in their Privacy Compliance Journey;
- Privacy Champions on Privacy and Data Protection matters;
- ASML in handling Personal Data Breaches & DSARs, in coordination and backing up the responsible in executing such process (i.e. Privacy Analyst).
Education and experience
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in a related discipline, or equivalent practical experience;
- At least 4 years of experience as in the field of privacy;
- Knowledge of the main privacy processes.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Strong business orientation and flexibility;
- International outlook and affinity for creativity and innovative outlook;
- Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills;
- Fluency in English and preferably one other language;
- Team-spirit, collaboration skills and ability to connect people and gain trust;
- Autonomy and ability to organize and prioritize and high workload;
- Quality and risk-management orientation;
- Genuine interest in Privacy and Data Protection laws and regulations, Labor laws and HR-related legislations.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The ASML Privacy Office is part of the ASML Privacy Practice, based on a dual-layers organization, composed by the Privacy Office itself and by the Privacy Network. The ASML Privacy Office acts as focal point for all the privacy and personal data protection matters within the company.
The whole ASML is part of the ASML Privacy Office stakeholders. Every and each department, business, country, region may seek for privacy advices and/or being involved in privacy programs / projects.
This is a full-time position (40 hours). Interested? Please apply with your CV and cover letter!
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.