You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Sr. Group Lead On-Product Performance Patterning
In a nutshell
Introduction to the job
Does contributing to the world’s most advanced lithography company make you feel responsible and proud? Do you want to work in a challenging environment with highly motivated and skilled teams? Can you take the lead and bring Development & Engineering of On Product Applications within the BL Applications to the next level? If so, then this might be the perfect role for you!
The Patterning & Focus department develops and integrates on-product patterning and focus optimization & control solutions to optimize customer device manufacturing (shrink devices and increase yield). This job requires excellent leadership skills with a passion for coaching people and teams to connect across multi-disciplines to bring innovation and development to the next level.
Our mission is to develop and deliver integrated optimization & control solutions to optimize the yield of semi-conductor device manufacturing. We work in close cooperation with semi-conductor customers in a multi-disciplinary setting.
We use advanced mathematics, physics and SW developments to keep fueling the semiconductor and electronic revolution. We produce advanced software applications to analyze, optimize and control the performance of our customer production processes for maximum device yield. To achieve this we improve the accuracy of performance metrics (such as Critical Dimension Uniformity and Edge Placement Errors) as measured during a semiconductor wafer manufacturing process (wafers with chip structures).
Role and responsibilities
As part of the staff of the Process Window Control Patterning & Focus department, you will manage the On-Product Performance Patterning – Product Development group, you will be responsible for product development and Integration. You are responsible for the roadmap, specification, technology choices, concept choices, design, development, integration and qualification of patterning applications within the boundaries imposed by process and planning. You pro-actively drive the development work in your team. But above all, you will use your leadership and teamwork skills to solve problems and optimize team performance at the benefit of the patterning product portfolio.
- - Line manager of a group of 20-25 highly educated people, responsible for personal development of the team members and your resource and competence roadmaps (strategic workforce planning);
- Define and implement functional, competence and product development technology roadmaps;
- Take the lead for the successful and predictable product development projects with continuous improvement focus (timeliness, quality, scope control, risk management, X-team collaboration, customer connection). Projects are executed using the Scaled --Agile Framework (hence experience with SAFe is recommended);
- - Develop, assess and select development technology, techniques and drive product architecture improvements;
- - Manage the delivery of concept choices/designs in your group that meet the requirements of the ASML development programs and drive integration of the full control loop including a robust verification and validation strategy;
- - Interaction with project leaders, program managers and other group leads on technical content and allocation of people to projects. Review project plans and proactively support project realization.
Education and experience
Technical University Master’s or PhD in Physics, Electronics, and/or Mathematics preferred.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- - At least 8 years of experience in developing, integrating and testing complex multi-disciplinary products;
- - At least 4 years of experience in leading a group of highly qualified experts or similar Team Lead or Project lead experience;
- - Solid theoretical and experimental experience in physics, Electronics and/or mathematics;
- - Experience with Product development and affinity with Software engineering;
- - Experience in managing a group of highly skilled technical professionals;
- - Affinity with managing and optimizing integral business processes in a fast growing and dynamic business environment, driving innovation.
- - High energy, highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills;
- - Ability to provide technical direction and motivate a team of professional engineers;
- - Driving innovation including – network;
- - Ability to build and a maintain strong connection across disciplines;
- - Ability to work in an international multicultural setting;
- - Pragmatic attitude;
- - Ability to think and act on a strategic level.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.