You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Sales & marketing
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Sales & marketing
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML is at the leading edge of enabling the semiconductor industry – a key component of the digital economy. We invent and develop complex technology and machinery used to create transistors and computing chips. With long and complex product cycles, it is essential that ASML has strategic insight from our Customers and the semiconductor ecosystem.
This Corporate Marketing role is in the Product Demand team of SPO (Strategy & Presidents’ Office). This team enables well-informed decision making at up to the Board level by providing quantified long-term product demand outlook & business impact in a consistent and transparent manner.
In this role, you will work to ensure long-term ASML business success through understanding of market and technology transformations, and support decision makers with market & demand analyses serving today’s questions. Part of our work is predictable, but increasingly analysis requests are driven by current events and require mental agility and versatility of the candidate.
Role and responsibilities
- Drive ad-hoc requests (e.g. support supplier alignment or impact of current events on ASML) and support deep-dives to increase our understanding (e.g. market drivers, customer behavior, geopolitical impact);
- Contribute to running projects (e.g. Long-term Market & Capacity planning) and work on structural improvements of our deliverables;
- Story lining: Create presentations to advise on strategic decisions. Align context and framing with decision makers and other contributors to make sure that the provided information is relevant, transparent and at the required level of detail;
- Collaboration & alignment: works closely together with account teams, business lines, and field marketing teams to align insights over multiple regions and assess impact on ASML product demand;
- Stakeholder communication: communicate the system demand simulation & scenarios to various internal stakeholders in multiple company planning processes, e.g. finance, sales and operations, as well as selected 3 parties, e.g. ASML partners.
Context of the position:
- The purpose of the Strategy & Presidents’ Office (SPO, ~80 fte) is to advise, align and facilitate the Presidents, Board of Management and Executive Committee to define and execute ASML’s strategy by providing strategic insights and value creation opportunities to help shape ASML’s future;
- This role interfaces internally with Field Marketing, Strategy, Business Lines, Finance, Sales, etc. and externally with analysts from consulting, market research firms;
- This position is an ideal landing spot in the Strategy & Presidents’ Office.
Education and experience
Engineer with strong business sense or consultant with technical affinity.
- Degree in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Material Science or a related subject;
- MBA or other proven business acumen preferred;
- Business consulting experience in a relevant industry (semiconductor, electronics, etc.) or proven experience in project management in relevant area;
- Experience of Lithography systems and customer application preferred;
- Direct external customer interaction experience in a B2B business industry preferred.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
Excellent analytical skills:
- Must be able to process and interpret data, information, and documents with deep analytical skills without missing the big picture;
- Creative, out-of-the-box thinker;
- Fast learning and applying new information or skills.
Excellent consultancy skills:
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication as an excellent communicator & active listener – including bridging across different cultures;
- Synthesize complex information for simplified key messages;
- Ability to build bridges with trust across disciplines, both on an executive level, and on an expert technical level.
Excellent project & self-management skills:
- Ability to complete assignments in a demanding environment with attention to details and high degree of accuracy;
- Work according to set of procedures within the set timelines;
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.