You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Junior Project Lead (MDO) System Integration NXE
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. We can only do so by using the real strength of ASML, the employee. We are proud of who we are, of our achievements, how we accomplish these achievements.
The Development & Engineering System Integration department (D&E SI) is responsible for defining and driving the system integration of new products/options for full functional machine and performance qualification within time to market target. The D&E SI EUV Management & Verification groups within this department are managing the integration and verification of the EUV machines.
The Junior Project Lead (MDO) is responsible for managing the critical path of key project deliverables, while balancing the triple constraints of schedule, resources and costs.This includes but is not limited to creating and tracking schedules, performance targets, resource plans, and general planning activities for integration engineering deliverables.Throughout the process, the MDO is responsible for ensuring that the proper elements of the Product Generation Process (PGP) are known and adhered to across the engineering team, as well as assessing risk and mitigation strategies, highlighting issues and managing their solutions, and coordinating the various development activities to ensure intermediate cross-program communication. Buildup and extend the SI Project Management competence and share this expertise.
Role and responsibilities
- Own the release strategy for baseline / package(s) with team and roll up to Masterplan with the project lead
- Maintain the scoping of your baseline/activity (Up to date scoping document, realistic plan) aligned with the Project Lead (PL).
- Plan, coordinate and organize the project team in order to reduce system integration related product risks as efficiently as possible
- Manage stakeholders by setting the necessary communication manners (meetings, guidelines, rules, reports etc.) to minimize escalations
- Own the bottom up plan, Plan work over prototype systems, Manage bottom up differences between machine plans and integration plan, Manage critical path of integration
- Lead the planning & verification team operationally and enable your team for the roll-up of your deliverables
- Define and own the issue handling WOW, maintain issue lists (or delegate), host issue meeting
- Report the project status, planning and scope changes via dashboards and report to project lead, program and line organization.
Education and experience
MSc or BSc in technical/industrial engineering or technical business administration.
- >3 years experience in leading a project team
- Experience with change management within a development organization.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Strong communicator in English.
- Self-assured, capable of convincing people, also at higher management levels.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, work pleasantly with people with differing backgrounds and in different departmental and geographical cultures; at various hierarchical levels
- Strong analytic capability and a pro-active initiating attitude.
- Change management competencies.
- Ability to plan and set priorities.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Context of the position
The EUV System Integration Department within the D&E organization integrates the changes on system level. Clarity on project progress is key. Managing progress in System Integration is key in creating the transparency where we are in respect of verification of the to be released System Configurations.
Position in the Organization
The Configuration Management expert / architect reports to the manager System Integration Management and Verification within the D&E Performance and Integration organization.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.