You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Chief Product Owner Mechatronics
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Other technical job categories, Mechatronics
Introduction to the job
Do you take the lead in driving complex mechatronic systems projects to a successful delivery? Do you have the technical background to lead a multidisciplinary team of mechatronics, mechanics, thermal, electronics and software professionals? To lead the design and improvement projects of our modules in co-operation with one of our key suppliers? Do you see the big picture without missing important details? If yes, then we want to get in touch with you!
Role and responsibilities
As Chief Product Owner (CPO) you’re primarily responsible for managing the backlog and related priorities of the SAFe train to ensure that the deliverables are delivered according triple constraint committed pans to the program/product teams.
- Creates and owns the 6 Quarter ART plan, roadmap and vision in collaboration with architects, Product Owners (PO) and stakeholders
- Prepares next Program Increments (PI) by aligning, refining and (re)prioritizing the ART backlog to match (product) roadmaps (including enablers) or integration plan
- Gives input for needed (long term) competence mix
- Provides and substantiates scenarios (applying 3-constraint) towards stakeholders to meet product roadmap and integration plan
- Translates the value delivered by the teams to the stakeholders
- Decides if ART backlog item (feature) is ready to release according to acceptance criteria and Definition of Done (DoD)
- Supports and coaches POs to create high performing teams (team of teams with POs)
- Enables a High Performing ART
- Aligns with CPO community on cross-ART way of working alignment and improvement
Education and experience
- Masters degree in Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- At least 10 years of experience as a product owner in a scrum environment, or several years of experience in project management of complex technical projects cooperating with technical professionals.
- SAFe/Agile certification.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Leadership and Project Management skills with commitment to drive the results (e.g. capable to make decisions, prepare scenarios and to negotiate on ART level)
- Strategic mindset
- E2E Ownership on ART level of the deliverables and long-term team plans
- Communicating effectively with both technical and business stakeholders (Product Cluster Managers, Department Managers, Group Leads, Epic Owners, Function Owners, Architects)
- Capable to translate the roadmaps needs into long-term plans and value creation by teams
- Sufficient knowledge about the product and the business context and eager to keep on learning (learning mindset)
- Capable to apply Agile and Minimum Viable Product (MVP) principles for the business context
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The department Mechatronics Systems Development within Bottom (BM) cluster is responsible for specification, design, integration and qualification of the mechatronics sub-systems and components which fit into ASML end products. The main focus is on nanometer-accuracy positioning of high speed components for transporting/positioning of wafers and reticles and adjustments of optical elements. Control engineering, dynamics, actuator design, position measurement systems are part of this department’s main competences.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.