You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer - Mechanical Layout EUV Systems
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
Are you eager to get mechanical issues solved? Are you dreaming to be part of the state-of-the art technology innovation? If so, then a job of Designer in the Mechanical Development sector at ASML could be the perfect match.
Role and responsibilities
As a Designer in the Mechanical Development sector you are responsible for the development and application of mechanical designs to meet system specifications and operational requirements.
- Specifies and designs the modules and/or functionality to realize the required performance.
- Evaluate and implement improvement proposals.
- Uses state of the art design methods and construction principles to ensure adequate designs that can be realized from a technical and supply chain perspective.
- Drives the qualification of the design by contributing to the specification of tests and the design and realization of test equipment.
- Ensures that prototypes are built and tests are carried out.
- Delivers the technical product documentation that is needed to release the design for volume production.
Education and experience
Technical University Master or Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering with proven experience.
- Preferred 5 years of experience in a development and engineering organization with the realization of supporting structures and service mechanisms.
- Knowledge of machine directives.
- Excellent knowledge in the field manufacturability of mechanical parts and of designing on stiffness, temperature, cost, etc.
- 3D CAD modeling (preferable UG/NX).
- Experience with FEM and analytic tools, like NX structure, ANSYS, Matlab, Mathcad
- Must have before candidates will start: knowledge of NX, construction principles and geometric dimensioning and tolerance.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude
- Critical on results
- Creative thinking capability
- Good communication skills
- Good knowledge of English and preferably Dutch language
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Within ASML the Development & Engineering (D&E) organization is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The sector Mechanical Development (MD) is designing, building and testing mechanical systems and sub-systems which are fitted into the end products. As a part of the department EUV scanner the group Mechanical Layout EUV Systems is responsible for engineering of main frame constructions, service mechanisms, system enclosures and system to fab interfaces.
The designer reports to his team leader and the group leader of the group Mechanical Layout EUV Systems and is operational within (multidisciplinary) projects.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.