You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Head of US Compensation & Benefits
Other job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
The Head of US Compensation & Benefits is responsible for the overall management of the US compensation and benefit programs including the compensation philosophy, policies, and practices. This role will work closely with the Global Head of Compensation & Benefits, and the US Head of HR, HR Business Partners (HRBP’s) and Business Leaders to deliver innovative solutions that continue to attract, motivate, and retain outstanding employees throughout the US.They will create effective strategies to evaluate competitive positions in employee compensation and benefits. Additionally, Head of US Compensation & Benefit, develops cost control procedures to assure maximum benefit coverage at the least possible cost to the company and employee. This position ensures compensation programs are consistently administered in compliance with policies and governmental regulations.
Role and responsibilities
- Leads a team to develop and manage the strategicdesign, and administration of compensation programs including base pay,bonus, merit increases, incentive, and equity programs in the UnitedStates.Partner and communicate where appropriate with headquartersas well as other regions.
- Analyzing salary survey data, market trends, andcompetitive practices and make recommendations to management regardingindividual and organizational salary adjustments, merit budgets, structureadjustments, and incentive and equity eligibility levels.
- Evaluating grade level structure for base, incentive,and equity compensation on an annual basis and making recommendations whennecessary.
- Advising/consulting w/ company leadership and HRBP’s onpay decisions, policy and guideline interpretation, and job evaluationincluding the design of creative solutions to specificcompensation-related programs.
- Close Strategic Partnering with US HRBP’s and businessleaders to ensure employee understanding of salary administration,incentive and equity programs, and performance management through trainingprograms and regular communications.
- Developing specific and effective communication plansfor both compensation and benefits (policy features, eligibility,enrollment).
- Understanding the legal issues around compensation anddeveloping and implementing appropriate programs to ensure compliance.
- Tracking and reporting on financial benefits andperforms additional investigations and analyses regarding best costoptions.
- Designing, developing, and managing budgets and plansfor compensation and benefit programs.
- Evaluating and comparing existing benefits plans withthose of other employers by analyzing other plans, surveys, and othersources of information.
- Planning, developing, and/or participating in area andindustry surveys. Analyzes results of surveys and develops specificrecommendations for review by management.
- Assisting in developing company cost information fornew benefits plans and makes recommendations to management concerningsharing of cost between employer and employee.
- Responsible for the development of HR-related metricsreporting.
Education and experience
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources orrelated field. Master's degree or MBA highly desirable.
- 15+ years of experience in Human Resources with astrong focus and track record leading Compensation and Benefits.
- Experience in the Semiconductor or Technology industryis strongly desired.
- Proficiency in California and Bay Area compensation isstrongly desired.
- Previous C&B Leadership at the division level or ina global capacity with annual revenues greater than $500 Million isdesired.
- HRIS experience and knowledge of HAY leveling structuredesired.
- PHR or SPHR and CCP/CBP highly desirable.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Candidate must possess superior business acumen toeffectively partner with the business leaders and align the total rewardsprograms to the business needs and strategies. This is a critical successfactor.
- Candidate must have excellent written and verbalcommunication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills. Theability to translate and statistically analyze data, and effectivelyreport problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellent relationship building skills. Recognized as aleader with outstanding service at all levels of an organization.
- In-depth knowledge of compensation theory and practiceand knowledge of state and federal compensation laws and regulationsrequired.
- Must be a results-driven, highly energetic, serviceoriented, team player who can function effectively and independently in afast-paced dynamic matrix environment.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, andability to handle multiple tasks.
- Strong leadership, management, goal accomplishment,interpersonal, and communication skills required.
- Upholds the highest level of confidentiality,discretion, and integrity.
- An ability to use excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, andelectronic e-mail systems
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.