You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Product Owner Mechatronics
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Other technical job categories, Mechatronics
Introduction to the job
Do you take the lead in driving complex mechatronic systems to successful deliveries? Do you have the technical background to lead a multidisciplinary team of mechatronics, mechanics, thermal, electronics and software professionals? Do you like to lead the design and improvement of our modules in co-operation with our key suppliers? Do you see the big picture without missing important details? Then we want to get in touch with you!
Role and responsibilities
- Leads the team for a mechatronics module Wafer Stage, focusingon new product introduction and sustaining of the install base.
- Leads a multifunctional team (mechanics, electronics,software, flow and temperature control).
- Maximizes value creation by the team.
- Prepares Program Increments (PI) by aligning, refiningand (re)prioritizing the team backlog to match roadmaps (includingenablers), ART backlog or integration plan.
- Ensures creation of bottom-up plans, aligned with Epic Ownerand Chief Product Owner.
- Defines iteration goals based on PI objectives, acceptsteam deliverables and actively communicates them to stakeholders.
- Aligns impact of changed PI objectives with other ProductOwners (PO’s) to secure ART / product deliverables.
- Takes ownership and connects with other PO’s in the ARTto discuss and align on dependencies.
- Enables a High Performing Team.
Education and experience
- Technical University Masters in Mechatronics, Mechanics, Electronics or Physics.
- Solid technical background (both theoretical and practical) in one or more of the following disciplines: mechatronics, mechanics or electronics.
- 2-5 years of experience as a product owner in a scrum environment, or 2-5 years of experience in project management of complex technical projects cooperating with technical professionals.
- Multiple years of experience in developing, integrating, testing and realization of volume production for complex multidisciplinary products, preferably high tech production equipment.
- Affinity with managing integral business processes in fast growing and dynamic business environments.
- Capable to apply Agile and Minimum Viable Product (MVP) principles for the business context.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic, flexible and ability to think and act on a strategic level.
- Excellent communications skills to talk to customers on their requirements and understanding the business context; the why; in order to translate this to the understanding and needs of your team
- Taking ownership, Minimal Viable Product thinking, long term planning, can do mentality
- Lead and work with a multidisciplinary team as people manager, give direction and motivate
- Think broad, learn fast, take responsibility, act decisively and show critical sense.
- Help creating the change towards a flexible and agile organization
- Convince others of your ideas.
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The department DUV Mechatronics Systems Development within Bottom (BM) cluster is responsible for specification, design, integration and qualification of the mechatronics sub-systems and components which fit into ASML end products. The main focus is on nanometer-accuracy positioning of high speed components for transporting/positioning of wafers and reticles and adjustments of optical elements. Control engineering, dynamics, actuator design, position measurement systems are part of this department’s main competences.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.