You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Quality Inspector Repair Material
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
This position requires a person to properly receive all incoming material into our Incoming Inspection department, use computer systems to transact and record the storage location of each piece and perform scheduling activities. The main responsibilities of this position include maintaining accurate inventory of material on-premises, managing our tracking system, and acting as a liaison to other departments. In addition, this person will perform inspections on various materials for elements such as proper packaging, labeling, paperwork, and other criteria as needed. The successful candidate will be well versed in SAP, Word, Excel, Outlook. This person will also be self-motivated, willing to learn and grow in their knowledge and skill of material inspection.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Ensure accurate material inventory in SAP as well as in our database management system.
- Communicate with other departments to ensure timely product movement.
- Communicate with Warehouse to resolve any discrepancies in deliveries.
- Communicate with Planning and Engineering to inform on material availability and status.
- Inspect products and materials for defects or deviations from product specifications.
- Document inspection results by completing reports and inputting data into database.
- Ability to move material with a pallet jack.
- Maintain area in neat fashion in accordance with 5S principles.
Education and experience
- High school diploma or equivalent experience.
- Strong skills working with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, and SharePoint.
- Working knowledge of SAP.
- Knowledge of Lean 5S a plus.
- Knowledge of Visual and Mechanical inspection a plus.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Ability to physically handle packages under 30 pounds independently.
Position will work first shift.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.