You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Electrical Engineering Team Lead
Research & development
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
Introduction to the job
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science, technology and engineering to develop lithography systems that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient semiconductor products. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers – to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and has 18 office locations around the United States. We are currently hiring for senior level FPGA Design engineering positions for our San Diego, CA location.
If you have a passion for technology and innovation you’ll want to check us out. Be a part of ASML. Be a part of progress.
One Company, One Goal, Limitless Innovation. It's our people that make the difference.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
The EDEV Project Team Lead (PTL) is the owner and responsible for the electrical deliverable(s) in a project. The project team lead focuses on the design process and delivery of prototype and production modules and contributes at a hands-on level in delivering a variety of tasks.The PTL will install an efficient meeting rhythm, ensuring the team is at the right information level and interdependencies are identified and managed. Creates detailed team-plan focusing on lower segregation level of hardware/firmware planning of the team.Defines deliverables for team members.Checks if deliverables are finalized on time – intervening and coaching where needed.The PTL focusses on the design process and creates realistic plans based on technical content, and has responsibility to ensure that quality is being met and ASML way of working is followed.
- Collaborate with various areas of the organization to provide technical direction on finding solutions to issues.
- Ensure timely and effective delivery of the solution to the project
- Uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex product and resourcing issues in creative and effective ways.
- Ensures good team, project and cross-functional communication (through effective meetings, project plans, email and/or other means) to ensure coordination between departments/teams/individuals.
- Ensures quality of the design within the project(s) and ASML EDEV design way of working is followed for various competencies.
- Coach the design team to discover solutions to technical challenges.
- Creates presentations for project/department leadership.
- Manages teams ranging in size from 5 – 15 in delivering key deliverables.
- Creates team planning. Is responsible for the documentation under assigned deliverables.
- Provide input for required resources and competence mix for deliverables within agreed timeline.
- Interacts closely with development engineers, suppliers, customer service, manufacturing, safety and QA to resolve quality issues.
- Other duties & responsibilities assigned.
Education and experience
- 5+ years’ experience in electronic design, with hands-on experience in requirements specification, detailed design, design validation and qualification.
- Requires a Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering Related Disciple.BSEE with FPGA focus preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with Embedded Logic & Firmware (FPGA) and familiar with Electro-Mechanical Engineering, Board and Connectivity Design. This includes design processes and technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills with the ability to influence, motivate, mentor and lead team resources.
- Strong ability to understand technical requirements, understand team required to realize, organize the team, create project plans, define team deliverables and support execution.
- Ability to solve problems and implement solutions with available team.
- Self-starter, self-motivator; willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Excellent organizational, reasoning, planning and motivational skills.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems.
- Demonstrated experience achieving deliverable quality with strong documentation required
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.