You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Field Service Engineer
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Malta - NY, US
Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
The holder of this position analyzes and makes repairs at customer site, if needed by effectively escalating to the next higher levels, based on broad knowledge of ASML systems, using system documentation, to solve problems. Executes regular maintenance, implements upgrades, field change orders and ensures proper operation of ASML systems at customer site.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- The FSE-3 engineer is challenged to take full ownership of a technical problem.
- Maintain and service photo lithography equipment at customer site in clean room. Periodically install new equipment, perform upgrades on existing equipment and system relocations.
- Identify root issue and make appropriate repairs.
- Have and implement technical knowledge to execute defined action plans independently and handle most technical problems on his/her own. Comfortable asking for help where needed and utilizing the escalation process-includes 2L Tech Support, applications, & 3L Global Support Center.
- Advise customer on actions to correct system malfunctions.
- Take a lead role in escalations when required; provide clear technical communication & problem statement clarification with internal and external customers.
- Interface daily with external customer-train in use and maintenance of equipment, answer questions and provide technical assistance.
- Interface with internal customers-junior and senior engineering equipment and apps, line manager level.
- Support continuous improvement of lithography system performance and local processes.
- Create accurate reports.
- Accurately maintain/document time and works actions.
- Drive improvement via proper channels.
- Provide support and assistance to other ASML personnel. Coach junior engineers in their growth & take ownership of smaller Continuous Improvement Projects.
- Provide inputs for improvement proposals based on post-mortems and drive to solution as much as possible.
- Contribute to work preparation thru creation of technical action plans with consultation (TS/Apps/GSC).
Education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering field, or equivalent experience.
- 3-7 years experience in engineering discipline and/or servicing technical equipment is preferred.
- MS suite familiarity with strength in MS Excel & MS PowerPoint.
- Mechanical aptitude is required.
- Troubleshooting skills/experience is preferred.
- Experience with MATLAB, Perl, Python, scripting is a plus.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.