You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Integration Mechanical Flow and Temperature Engineer
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
Mechanical engineering, Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
The Mechanical System Integration Engineer will perform a variety of engineering tasks including troubleshooting of complex mechanical, gas, water cooling, and vacuum systems by providing support on San Diego prototype machine and at customer sites. In addition he/she will develop test plans, perform system integration, data collection, data analysis and write test reports.He/she will represent Netherlands based projects for the gas and vacuum, fluid and thermal, gas analyzer and tooling in San Diego. He/she will serve as an interface to the design project based in the Netherlands, Integration in San Diego, and Global Customer Service. The Satellite Team interface between sites is critical to efficient coordination and execution, ensuring upgrades are executed to plan and system availability is maximized.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Represent Netherlands development & engineering projects in San Diego.
- Support project meetings to ensure close alignment to project development activities and escalations.
- Provide a broad mechanical engineering background to create test plans, secures system test time, and assemble test hardware.
- Perform validation testing of gas delivery modules, fluid and thermal subassemblies, gas analyzers, vacuum vessels and tooling.
- Review issue resolution plans, test plans and test reports with internal and external customers.
- Provide escalation support for prototype systems in San Diego and customer systems worldwide
- Interacts closely with development engineers, scientists, suppliers and AQ engineers to resolve quality issues.
- Receive knowledge transfer from projects on new module and tool releases.
- Provide knowledge transfer training to Upgrades, Integration, Customer Service and Manufacturing personnel
- a plus.
- Experience with MS Word, Powerpoint, Excel.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Ability to statistically analyze data and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Ability to develop trouble-shooting guide/action plans.
- Ability to work either independently or as part of a development team.
- Ability to self-motivate and work in a fast-moving high-tech environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent inter-personal service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building in highly multi-cultural environment.
- Flexibility, when needed, in work schedule including weekend, day and night shifts, and travel to oversees customer sites at short notice (<20%).
- frequently asked questions.