You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Manager Operational Procurement US East
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
As a large-scale system integrator, ASML focuses on extensive outsourcing and integration of its supply chain. Approximately 90% of the manufacturing cost price is accounted for by purchased goods. Therefore, high level flexibility must be built into the supplier network. Procurement creates, maintains and qualifies this global network. This enables the execution of the ASML Development, Production and Customer Support plans and operates according to the principles of Value Sourcing. Value sourcing is the optimization of Q(uality), L(ogistics), T(echnology) and C(ost of Goods) throughout the total supply chain.
Our Tactical Buying team has been growing rapidly and therefore we would like to welcome an enthusiastic Team Lead with the motivation to make a difference in our organization. We are looking for a people manager with a focus to develop our talented tactical buyers as individuals and as a team.
Would you like to develop your orchestration as well as your personal leadership skills in a business environment serving world class supplier management? Would you like to lead and develop a team of eager and committed tactical buyers?
Are you seen as a go-to person by your colleagues? Do you become genuinely enthusiastic from coaching others to grow to their best potential? Is team atmosphere as important to you as it is to us? Can you provide structure and discipline in an volatile and always changing environment? Then we are looking for you!
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
The key priority of the Global Operational Procurement team is to secure a seamless procurement to pay process with the goal to secure on time material availability from our suppliers.
With your team of eager and committed Tactical Buyers, you will drive the focus on first time right Quality of the master data, to enable timely execution of the Procure to Pay process flawlessly. This drives efficiency in your team to such extend that Tactical Buyers can extend their support to the Sourcing Leads by taking on additional tactical buying tasks. It is your responsibility to develop the team for these additional tactical buying tasks, and closely work together with the Regional Category Managers to support and coach on the category content development of the tactical buyers.
Creating a positive and productive work environment is key. Searching for solutions and assuring a certain level of flexibility while also under pressure will help make your job a success.
You will facilitate optimal personal development of all team members and coach them in their short- and long term challenges. Alongside driving the activities of your team, you will work closely together with the other Team Leads worldwide to actively contribute and further develop our Global Operational Procurement vision and participate in structural improvement projects further optimizing our procurement processes.
- You are responsible for managing a team of ~10 people, located in Wilton, CT to drive people and process performance and development and secure continuous service for internal and external customers, e.g. Sourcing Leads, Category Managers, also SCM sectors like PLM, OSM and CSCM and of course our suppliers.
- You are primarily accountable for results of the Tactical Buying team of both the tactical activities and the Procurement to Pay process.
- You are primarily accountable for the competencies within Global Operational Procurement and develop the competencies within the team accordingly.
- You drive tactical activity alignment cross category to increase added value of Tactical Buyers.
- You structurally improve procurement to pay processes in alignment with stakeholders.
- You drive focus on pro-active master data enrichment to secure material availability.
- You manage and keep track of procurement master data of your entire team to ensure compliancy to ASML policy and regulations (e.g. contracts, pricing, lead-times, quota arrangements).
- You align processes locally and globally and secure cost-effective and flexible organization structures.
- You build and maintain a network of in- and external stakeholders and represent the S&SC department.
- You drive best practice sharing and drive efficiency further, using standardization, centralization and automation.
Next to the above core job description, you will lead and support (cross sector) improvement projects. Your initiative and self-propelling character will drive project initiation both within your core responsibility as well as outside your responsibility.
Education and experience
- Bachelor's / Master's Degree in Economics, Finance, Logistics, Supply Chain, Business or Industrial Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- At least five years of experience in relevant industries such as high tech, automotive or aerospace industry.
- Hands-on experience with managing and improving operational business processes and tools.
- People management and previous Procurement or Supply chain management experience is a must.
- ERP experience, specifically with the materials management module of ERP. Preferably SAP, Ariba and MDG.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication and convincing skills/presentation skills in English.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- You get energy from working with others on their individual growth and team growth.
- You are a charismatic leader creating team spirit. You are a pro-active self-starter that can drive own and team objectives and you are able to present to senior management regarding improvement projects and initiatives.
- You provide structure and are strict in following up on actions.
- You possess excellent time management skills and are able to manage to tight deadlines.
- You demonstrate team building and leadership skills, in line with ASML Values.
- You have proven analytical skills and are able to translate into actionable deliverables.
- You can act under pressure without losing control.
- You have an eye for details in alignment between stakeholder requirements and are able to escalate on correct tone and level to set the right priorities within all levels of the organization.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.