You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
NPI Large Frames Technical Supplier Manager
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
The Technical Supplier Manager (TSM) develops and maintains at a strategic management level the relation to the supplier with the purpose of creating an optimal engineering collaboration between the supplier and ASML during New Product Introductions (NPI). The role of the TSM will be focused on aligning NPI processes at supplier with the NPI process at ASML.
As a TSM you are responsible for aligning the technical capability of a select number of suppliers with the demand forecast at ASML. Key focus areas as stated in Supplier Profile are:
- Technical Competence management.
- Design Engineering Specifications.
- Product & Process Realization and Validation Capabilities.
- Project Management Planning and Execution.
In addition to being the technical interface between supplier and D&E, the TSM will work with suppliers on finding structural solutions to deviation notifications, collaborating on technical issues, driving technical process improvements and managing the feedback loop with ASML internal stakeholders.
As a member of the ASML Supplier Account Team (SAT) team you work closely together with the Sourcing Lead (SL), the Logistics Supplier Manager (LSM) and Quality Supplier Manager (QSM). The main areas of interest are to encourage a first-time right mindset at suppliers, facilitate accelerated learning, perform process optimization and develop the supplier to a high maturity level. The TSMis responsible for supplier development to improve operational excellence and to meet the ever-increasing business demands.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
Within ASML, D&E is responsible for the planning, development, and delivery of integrated solutions that meet business requirements. The department supplies resources, means and methods and technology to ensure the parts quality in all product phases. The TSM interfaces with suppliers, project leads development, customer support, manufacturing, supplier network managers, design engineers and sourcing leads to drive project management at the supplier and optimize the effectiveness and efficiency of executing the NPI portfolio. Using your technical knowledge, analytic thinking, professional network and excellent people skills, you will participate in the Supplier Account Team to manage the capability of the supplier according to the agreed Supplier Profile on Technology. The main activities for a TSM are:
- Participate in supplier audits and follow up on applicable non-conformities.
- Drive technical supplier maturity.
- Keep supplier technical capability overview up-to-date.
- Identify T-capabilities/gaps on NPI, drive agreement of action plans and follow-up on the associated execution.
- Define, monitor and improve Improvement Plans (IPs) together with the supplier, including improving the technical capability of supplier as a result of the Supplier Profile Audits.
Support category management in:
- T-performance based on SP10.0: drive structural improvements which are essential in controlling supplier performance, reducing impact of material and deviation notifications (MN/DN) and mitigating risk to project key deliverables.
- Translate future needs on the NPI T-roadmap, including Q capabilities in alignment with QSM.
- Supporting development and definition of the technical supplier roadmap to enable NPI’s processes.
- Monitoring NPI load and performance at the supplier across all ASML projects.
- Reporting out on performance of NPI-projects.
- Providing input on supplier NRE/CAPEX/OPEX to sourcing TAP.
- Contribute in defining and executing the overall supply chain strategy.
- Organize introduction of quality, manufacturing and qualification processes during NPI at the supplier.
- Align and improve the processes at the supplier for a smooth and efficient New Product Introduction.
- Introduction of quality wrt product & process validation (SP10-T3).
- Introduce ASML improvement projects at supplier.
- Review and define technical metrics from the NPI monitor.
- For new strategic suppliers the TSM is also responsible for implementing the necessary way-of-workings (E.g. Portals).
Education and experience
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Applied Physics, Electrical Engineering, Material Engineering or similar, or equivalent experience.
- BS with minimum of 8 years work experience. MSc with minimum of 6 years work experience.
Based on the education level as outlined above, relevant work experience must have taken place as an process engineer who has gained experience in the areas of Quality systems and methodologies including:
- Green or Black Belt/Lean Six Sigma experience including tooling (e.g. SPC, FMEA, 8D).
- Experience in project management in complex high-tech low volume industry.
- Experienced in supplier management.
- Experience in quality improvement & operational excellence in manufacturing environment.
- Experience in participating in improvement projects across the supply chain.
- Working closely with suppliers on technical/manufacturing process development including mFLOW, pFMEA, SPC, RCA, 8D, etc.
- Technical experience/expertise in precision mechanical techniques including but not limited to 5 axis CNC machining, EDM, brazing, laser welding, and precision measurement. Direct manufacturing experience in these areas is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Strong negotiation skills during interactions with suppliers and other ASML sectors.
- Ability to initiate, influence and steer without formal authority.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Will require 50-60% travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Additional Responsibilities (as needed in the cleanroom and/or labs):
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be willing to work in a clean room environment, wearing coveralls, hoods, booties, safety glasses and gloves. Working under ISO 9000/14000 standards.
- The environment in the cleanroom is moderate in temperature with moderate to high noise level.
- Working around lasers; working with ladders; working on platforms; and working around chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
This position is located on-site in Wilton, CT. It requires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation.
- A flexible workplace arrangement may be available to employees working in roles conducive to remote work (up to two days a week).
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.