You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
System Test Engineer
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, bring together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
We are seeking System Test Engineer (STE) to join our System Integration Management & Verification group in San Diego, Ca. Test implementation is based on risk assessments, product requirements and design details. This role is critical to support the release a well-defined and valid system configuration. Our EUV light source consists of an intricate network of process gases, high power lasers, optics, electronics, mechatronics, and control systems. You will have the opportunity to Interact with all of these components and become a integration expert. You will be the key to building a better product though testing, issue identification and resolution, and identifying potential improvements.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
**Recent graduates are encouraged to apply**
Role and responsibilities
- Defines and owns theintegration and verification Sub-PERTs.
- Key Contributor on Alpha testdefinition, Test Performance Specification (TPS), and upon completion, thesystem level Test Analysis Report (TAR) .
- Acts as a critical agent forover-all product quality and ensures accurate reporting.
- Contributes to the integrationplanning and Prototype Machine Time test executions.
- Works with technicaldevelopment projects and the Machine Integration Teams (MIT).
- Keep System Integration (SI)testing process moving forward and resolves conflicts in real time.
- Maintains alignment with allstakeholders including: Development Project Lead (PL), SI PL,Proto-Machine Proto Integrator (PI), Proto Engineer (PE), and System TestArchitect (STA).
- Analyze issues and providesupport in the definition, prioritization and specific testing forproposed solutions or containments.
- Key Contributor to riskassessments and Issue & Risk Register (IRR).
- Agent for quality withinFailure Modes & Effect Analysis (FMEA), Critical Design Review (CDR),Test Performance Specification (TPS), Execution Plan (EP), Test AnalysisReport (TAR), document and specification flows.
- Drives projects to secure earlyrisk reduction through pre-integration testing
- Business Driver (BD) for SIIssues.
- Owner of Issues ResolutionManagement process (IRM) to assure issues are recognized and resolved.
- Contributes to technicalroadmap planning.
- Performs other duties asassigned or required.
Education and experience
- BS in an Engineeringdiscipline, or Physics.
- Multi-Discipline engineeringexperience a plus.
- Experience with Mechanical Engineering,Aerospace Engineering, integration, test, or technical support of largecomplex systems.
- Analytically strong,enthusiastic, flexible, assertive, proactive, structured.
- Demonstrated Ability andwillingness to travel for work visiting local sites for short periods(max. 2 weeks/year).
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond tostakeholders and situations while interacting with others.
- Strong customer focus andcommitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality,efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignmentswith attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to performeffectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
- Identifies bottlenecks anddrives improvements.
- Work independently or as partof a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear,concise and professional communication.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.