You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Team Lead (EUV Upgrades Material Management)
In a nutshell
Hillsboro - OR, US
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Within ASML the sector Customer Support (CS) is responsible for the maintenance, repair and continuous improvement of ASML systems at customer locations. One of the departments in this sector is CS EUV Upgrades. The EUV Upgrades organization prepares and manages the execution of complex upgrades and other complex activities on ASML machines at customer sites. These upgrades are executed 24/7 in a customer production environment with teams sizes between 5 and 40 engineers over a period from several days to several weeks.
The CS upgrades team leader for the material management focuses on the team development and the growth to support 2-3 parallel upgrades. The main team objective is to coordinate and execute material movements in the fab with the end goal of completing upgrades with zero material-related delays. The Team leader role is an important key figure in de-escalating material issues between logistics and the project.
The team consists of (4-8) professionals with a logistics and administrative background.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Run daily operations with the team facilitating the upgrade project.
- Lead the Daily Kaizen meetings (Lean).
- Implement and roll out processes, drive for change towards working effective and standardizing the way of working.
- Support the execution of the EUV Upgrades projects on the Hillsboro site with the right sense of urgency mind.
Be a line manager for your team (~4-8 pers):
- Set challenging and realistic targets and execute performance reviews for your direct reports.
- Manage the performance of your team and develop talents within your group.
- Coach and develop your team members to a cohesive group.
- Prioritize and allocate team members to activities that match individual profiles and development plans.
- Identify and justify budget claims and recruit the right team members.
Education and experience
- High-School Diploma or equivalent experience.
- ~1-3 years’ experience in managing/leading a team(s).
- Experience in managing and growing teams is preferred.
- ASML machine knowledge is an advantage.
- ASML Network is an advantage.
- Excel and SAP knowledge is an advantage.
- Excellent English language skills in speech and writing.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Ability to initiate desired change by being able to explain “why”, and focusing on beliefs as a foundation for change.
- Ability to trust and be trusted.
- Demonstrate ability to get results the "right" way, with ethics, integrity, and a positive intention that builds relationships.
- Being able to quickly adapt in a high paced environment.
- Able to motivate, drive, steer and convince.
- Demonstrates Cultural and Safety awareness.
- Good documentation and organization skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work under different working environment pressures.
- Good team player and committed to the success of ASML.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.