You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
EUV Upgrades Fab Operations Manager
In a nutshell
Hillsboro - OR, US
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Within ASML, the Customer Support (CS) sector is responsible for the maintenance, repair, and continuous improvement of ASML systems in the field. As an integral and growing part of CS, the CS EUV Upgrades department prepares and manages the execution of complex upgrade projects and other activities on ASML systems at customer sites. These upgrades are executed over the course of several days or weeks to many months in a 24/7 schedule by teams of engineers varying between 5 and 40.
The Fab Operations Manager is responsible for the operational management of the engineering teams performing upgrades at the customer site and is accountable for the team’s delivery performance and safety and quality adherence.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
The engineers in the Operations team are managed directly by Group Leads and distributed over Scanner, Source & Drive Laser, and Material Management competences. The Fab Operations Manager thus manages his/her team via direct reports, i.e. managing managers and driving them to support and manage their teams. The personal and professional development of his or her direct as well as indirect reports is a key focus item for the Fab Operations Manager.
The successful candidate is able to drive operational performance in terms of safety, execution quality, predictability and cycle time, cost, and team utilization. Furthermore, he or she should dedicate a substantial amount of time to the continuous improvement of our processes and ways of working.
Stakeholder management (internal as well as customer) and maintaining a clear short- and long-term manpower plan are also crucial for success in this role.
Education and experience
- Minimum degree of Bachelor in a relevant field, e.g. Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Metrology, Physics, Chemistry or Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- At last five years of line management excellence in a complex and challenging high-tech environment, preferably with substantial customer interaction.
- Additional project management experience preferred.
- Demonstrable affinity with mechanics, electronics, and semiconductor processes as well as a track record of safety and quality focus.
- Knowledge of lithography processes and tools as well as the semiconductor industry is preferred.
- Experience with Lean principles and running Daily Kaizen meetings is preferred.
- Excellent command of the English language, both verbal and in writing.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Quickly and easily create rapport with people with various backgrounds.
- Focus on team building and cohesion; able to motivate professionals.
- Flexible and stress-resistant, and excel in a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Result-driven and customer-focused; able to quickly digest complex information and act decisively.
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills.
- Balance between high-level strategic issues and deep-dives where required.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Travel up to 20% might be required.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.