You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
In a nutshell
Hillsboro - OR, US
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
The Customer Support Organization is responsible for the installation, qualification, repair and maintenance of the ASML systems at customer sites and is responsible for the necessary transfer of know-how to the customer. Local site Customer Support branches perform these tasks for the customers within the specific region.
The mission of this position is to install leading edge lithographic systems, at the customer site, within specifications, on time, with quality exceeding the customer’s expectations.
The CS EUV Install Manager is expected to manage the people, processes, business data analytics toward optimal performance, and drive the organization to achieve future business requirements.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
The CS EUV Install Manager is expected to manage the people, processes, business data analytics, and manpower planning:
- Manage the coordination teams supporting and located at multiple sites across the US.
- Drive the operational performance of the teams including: safety, execution quality, continues improvement, team capabilities, cost, and team utilization.
- Responsible for the personal and professional development of all Engineers within the team. Both to ensure personnel are at peak operational readiness to support installations today but also developing the team to meet future business needs.
- Manage the manpower planning for the entire EUV Installation organization and drive manpower escalations as required.
- Manage stake holders throughout the organization that interface with the installation teams.
- Drive continuous improvement not only to optimize the performance of the team but also to improve ASML operations.
- Maintain short and long term detailed manpower plans and forecasts.
- Determine the requirements to meet future business objects and build the appropriate justifications achieve the objectives.
- Industrialize the existing business processes, optimize process performance, and integrate new processes into the operation as required.
Education and experience
- Preference, BS degree in an engineering field, or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of experience with a minimum of 5 years in Leadership positions managing managers.
- Experience in a challenging environment with high tech products and complex processes.
- Experience managing a customer Support organization and projects preferred.
- Knowledge of semiconductor lithography preferred.
- Multinational experience preferred.
- Good knowledge of the English language.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Good rapport with people, analytical thinker, structured approach, process oriented, and excels in a dynamic environment.
- Must be flexible, stress resistant, and able to work independent as well as in a team.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to digest technical details into information that can be used to make business decisions, communicate with customers, and influence others.
- Ability to drive operations in a matrixed organization.
- People Development skills to drive the development of people, providing coaching and feedback.
- Ability to inspire and motivate individuals and teams.
- Excellent time management and delegation skills.
- Ability to prioritize and organize actions effectively and efficiently.
- Self-starter that shows high drive, creativity, ambition, and accountability.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Position will require travel up to 30%.
- Position will require access to customer site locations, including working in clean rooms.
- Ability to work flexible shifts including nights, weekends and holidays.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.