You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Senior Data Scientist - Computational Lithography
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Research & development
Data science, Computer science & software engineering, Electrical engineering
Introduction to the job
The employee will be responsible for applied R&D in the areas of:
- Numerical techniques for Process Modeling and Optimization
- Machine Learning for Computational Lithography and Image Enhancement
- Software prototyping and development
Role and responsibilities
As part of the ASML Brion Advanced Technology Team you will be part of a dynamic team working on holistic solutions for semiconductor patterning. You will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of feasibility studies and prototype development to enhance our existing products and develop new solutions to extend Moore’s Law. In particular the candidate will have the opportunity to work on a variety of challenging problems such as:
Machine Learning (ML) based feasibility study to improve our current Optical Proximity Correction (OPC) and Process Model solutions, including ML based SRAF - Sub Resolution Asist Features extractions, ML based OPC speed up, Machine Learning model accuracy improvement, Image Quality Improvement, OPC Multi-variable-solver improvement, CTM solver improvement.
Investigate Pattern Coverage/Selection Technology for different Machine Learning Algorithm
Work with R&D and Product Engineering to integrate and verify new Machine Learning algorithm and utilities on our platforms (CPU/GPU).
Education and experience
- Ph.D. or Master’s degree in Mathematics, Physics, Electrical / Computer Engineering, or related fields.
- Three or more years of experience in Computational Lithography, Semiconductor process technology, Simulation, and analysis
- Good working knowledge of Optical Lithography and Computational Lithography products.
- Application of machine Learning to technical problems
- Data mining and reduction techniques
- C++ / Java/Python and Scripting coding
- Demonstrated capabilities for conducting independent R & D and contributing to cross-functional, team-based feasibility studies and prototyping.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Excellent team, communication and organizational skills.
- Willingness to work independently and think ‘outside the box’ to identify, analyze and solve both simulation and experimental challenges in a dynamic, applied R&D organization.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.