You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
D&E - System Software Design Engineer - Tainan
Research & development
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
Are you ready to be a great pioneer to be part of progress helping leading company in semiconductor field to provide appropriate solutions to high tech problems, as well as work with technical experts in multicultural environment? ASML Hermes Microvision (HMI),has been committed to the research and development of the most advanced E-beam Inspection (EBI) tools and solutions for the leading semiconductor manufacturing fabs.
Role and responsibilities
In D&E Software system engineering team, we are in charge of the development of the EBI (e-beam inspection) products to meet the requirements form marketing or customer sites. We co-work with US and NL D&E team on the new e-beam inspection products’ development. We also co-work with manufacture, production and field service team to realize the bench or tools to shorten the product lead-time, help on module or system qualification and reduce on the time-cost to trouble-shooting and system recovery.
1. Continuous Improvement Plan (CIP) Project :
• Design and implement different algorithms for inspection sequence control.
• Develop, support and maintain the software for equipment operating (communication, automatic/sequence control and GUI) requirement.
• Implement system performance evaluation and monitoring mechanism
2. New Product Development (NPD) Project:
• Design and implementation on infrastructure, machine control, process control, calibration algorithm, FA (factory automation) and other functions
• System optimization
3. Automatic Manufacturing:
• Support the bench / tooling development for module qualification, system integration test and analysis
4. Technical problem solving within competency:
• Provide quick responses with countermeasures to issues requested from field site, application, or manufacture / engineering team.
Education and experience
- Master Degree above
- Major in Computer Science and Information Engineering/Electrical Engineering/Electronics Engineering
•Solid experienced software engineer or leader using object-oriented programming. At least 3 years of C# development.
•Hands-on experience on the .NET platform (C#, LINQ, Threading, Remoting, WPF, XML, IO, etc.) Experience on software product development lifecycles, using UML, OOP, design patterns and best practices.
•Experience on digital image processing algorithm development
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
•GUI development by using MFC, WinForm and/or WPF
•.Net Remoting or WCF for cross machine/computer communication
•Experience with mechanical control development.
•Knowledge of mechatronics
•Basic digital image / signal processing knowledge
•Basic database knowledge
•SEMI Standard related to automation. (optional)
•Ladder language for PLC code development (optional)
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
D&E Software system engineering team is responsible for
• Cooperate with engineering team for system improvement and development
• Assist customer service team, application team to conquer field site issues.
• Support in house engineering, production and manufacture team to construct tool, testing bench for system qualification and methodology for performance evaluation
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.