You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Knowledge Management Specialist
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Hillsboro - OR, US
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
This position will be responsible for the company’s knowledge, collaboration, and learning capabilities with a primary focus on EXE. It is a strategic position that guides the organization with leading approaches to accelerate the transfer of knowledge to ASML CS new hires. The main function of the knowledge sharing position would be to help champion the US CS new hire program, so that the organization's know-how, information and experience is shared from the first days of working at ASML. The ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter, with the ability to development practices, processes, and written materials and who thrives in a fast-paced, team environment.
ASML is seeking solutions to establish and maintain tools and methods to acquire and retain knowledge assets and historical records, to facilitate collaboration, to promote efficient and effective information sharing, and to enable informed decision making and timely, accurate, and complete responses to inquiries. The Knowledge Manager will be responsible for fostering a culture of collaboration and best practice sharing through a comprehensive approach to knowledge management. The approach should effectively transform enterprise knowledge into repeatable ideas, products, processes, and solutions that create value for ASML. This role will also play a key role in keeping our training, support, communities, and professional services teams aligned on information needed to deliver a great customer experience.
At ASML, our people are our greatest asset. We recognize that highly skilled, engaged and productive employees are essential to our success. Our company values reflect our commitment to employee engagement, global inclusion and corporate social responsibility — to help you build a fulfilling career. Around the world, we aim to be an employer of choice by offering competitive compensation and benefits, personal and professional development opportunities, and a work environment that promotes a diverse array of people, ideas and skills.
Role and responsibilities
- Devise and drive organization-wide approach to knowledge management that includes the people, process, programs, and technology needed to achieve near terms improvements in productivity and organizational leverage while advancing the long-term ASML strategy.
- Build the knowledge database and ensure the accessibility, quality, and relevancy of knowledge base assets.
- Develop knowledge, collaboration and learning strategies with executive leadership that actively advance development and accelerate performance for employees.
- Help monitor and evaluate the knowledge sharing program, including benchmarking and evaluation programs/opportunities.
- Using industry standard Knowledge Management principles and practices, gather and publish baseline information for Improvement Initiatives.
- Assist in the creation and use of a focus group that will be used in developing a definition of “critical function” within ASML.
- Facilitate the development and dissemination of critical new frameworks, tools, and approaches for creating customer value.
- Conduct regular reviews of the knowledge management programs and tools and lead change programs and renewal efforts as needed.
- Interface with the Learning Management System.
- Manage the scope of select courseware to internal audiences,to achieve established learning goals.
- Manage all social collaborations environments, including oversight of the design, development, maintenance, management, and sustainability to achieve desired collaboration goals.
- Engage internal customers and serve as an ambassador to promote learning, knowledge and collaboration strategies to accomplish desired goals, while soliciting feedback and collecting future needs.
- Identify and reduce variation in processes, eliminate non-value-added activities, and eliminate process bottlenecks.
- Ensure that reliable and secure information and data is available, user-friendly, and easy to find throughout the Service Lifecycle, with focus on promoting knowledge sharing and turning data into useable information.
- Responsible for enabling the presentation of data to include scorecards, dashboards and reports.
- Promote collaborative tools to facilitate sharing of ideas and work among internal teams and external partners.
- Provide support for the establishment and nurturing of communities of practice. Share experiences across communities of practice, business units, and networks on innovative approaches in knowledge sharing, including case studies and benchmarking.
- Participate in the development of service level agreements and ongoing management of service level compliance.
- Adjust support requirements in a changing environment.
- Ensure content is well structured, current, accessible, accurate, customer-friendly, and adheres to standards and business model.
- Keep current with assessing new/emerging industry content capabilities and recommend adoption within ASML as appropriate bringing Knowledge Centered Support industry best practices into play.
- Implement meaningful metrics and reports to measure the production and usefulness of knowledge and the impact on the customers’ experiences.
- Review knowledge base usage and search patterns and apply results of analysis to improvement of knowledge base content and organization.
- Envision, design, and deliver a seamless handoff from self-service to assisted support through a variety of contact channels and customer and agent-facing tools.
- Build processes that ensure continual learning such that the organization reviews historical data to identify where improved knowledge could lead to improved service delivery and improved customer self-service.
- Work closely with Product Support Specialists to plan and execute skills and knowledge transfer for new product launches.
- Working with various stakeholders to identify opportunities to share knowledge within the group(s).
- Working with local leadership to develop frameworks and mechanisms to share the information.
- Working with the local leadership to develop reporting to evaluate whether the developed frameworks are operating as designed (i.e. information is being shared).
- Assist with the Records Management process and identifying how best to group data for records purposes.
- Analyze existing unstructured data (such as file shares) and provide guidance on how best to organize data.
- Share experiences across communities of practice, business units, and networks on innovative approaches in knowledge sharing, including preparation of case studies.
- Ensures the collection and maintenance of reusable knowledge assets for their solutions.
- Uses techniques to capture and disseminate core solutions, best practices and lessons learned.
- Analytical Thinking and Decisive Judgment: analyzing issues and problems systematically, gathering broad and balanced input, drawing sound conclusions and translating conclusions into timely decisions and actions.
- Influencing and resolving differences across organizational boundaries: Gaining support and commitment from others even without formal authority; resolving differences by determining needs and forging solutions that benefit all parties; promotes collaboration and facilitating teamwork.
- Plays a key role in identifying opportunities for, validating/scoping and creating new knowledge assets or projects applicable across a number of accounts or solutions.
- Leads and delivers complex projects including establishing a global, virtual team and building relevant networks.
- Develops strong relationships within ASML Knowledge managers across globe and becomes an integrated part of its knowledge network.
- Implement, and sustain strategies to improve the storage and retrieval of information required on a recurring basis, and enable the reuseof this information leveraging tools such as SharePoint, network drive, and InfoPath.
- Provide ongoing management of assigned ASML SharePoint sites/sub sites to promote efficient and effective business process and communications.
- Generate documentation such as governance, guidance, user communications and best practices for knowledge management in SharePoint.
- Ensuring SharePoint sites have a professional, sophisticated and consistent look and feel.
- Assist in the redesign and redevelopment of SharePoint and all of its content.
- Reviewing SharePoint regularly and working with stakeholders to evaluate the content and relevance of the content.
- Configure knowledge management aspects of new SharePoint sites.
- Work to develop basic SharePoint training and training guide(s) for approximately 100-250 ASML staff.
- Acts as a pro-active Network driver making sure members are well connected and are aware of regional activities; uses technology enablers to achieve the result (Yammer, Intranet, SharePoint, AIR, IRP).
- Ability to configure document libraries, lists, content types, site columns, policies and rules across multiple site collections.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent work experience.
- 1+ years of industry work experience including working with knowledge management subject matter.
- 1+ years of experience with the organization's operations and business tools.
- Experience with MS Office Suite.
- Demonstrated success in team leadership role-defining objectives, communicating to team, and successfully guiding team to meet objectives.
- Strong command of the English language-punctuation, spelling, and grammar.
- Familiarity with knowledge asset acquisition, classification process, and change management.
- Demonstrated experience and success in information management and innovative solution design.
- Solid understanding and experience in content methodologies-information structure, organization, and content group.
- Demonstrated project management and implementation skills including risk management and operational readiness.
- Demonstrated change management skills-managing growth and transition from current to future state.
- Demonstrated process improvement and business solution skills and experience.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Ability to establish effective partnerships within and/or outside the organization.
- Ability to engage with various internal and external audiences in a welcoming manner.
- Project management skills and ability to get things done in a fast-paced environment with a diverse group of stakeholders and interested parties.
- Confident, credible and enthusiastic team player.
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing and growing business environment and to work effectively in a global environment.
- Ability to facilitate design/development sessions with diverse audiences, including more senior leaders, to gain immediate alignment and accelerate delivery of program.
- Ability to collaborate and drive program results with a diverse, at-times voluntary team and key stakeholders at all levels.
- Project management and organization skills and the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Strong presentation skills required.
- Management skills in the areas of problem solving, planning, project management, team experience, leadership, and change management.
- Strong attention to detail while being able to understand the bigger picture.
- Motivated, reliable self-starter.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Strong organizational skills required, including good time management skills.
- Highly flexible nature; able to adapt in a fast-moving environment while maintaining an extremely high level of organization.
- Attention to detail, quality and accuracy.
- Proficient proofreading skills.
- Strong customer service and communication skills, with ability to interact with all levels of management, business leaders, clients and technology stakeholders.
- Ability to influence and drive consensus at senior levels.
- Lead communication activities in support of knowledge, learning and collaboration goals, including plan development, implementation and measurement.
- Ability to explain complex concepts in layman's language; ability to generate enthusiasm.
- Demonstrates sensitivity for cultural and gender differences.
- Ability to display a range of communication approaches for diverse community needs.
- Shows great drive and commitment to the organization's mission.
- Inspires others and maintains high standards of personal integrity.
- Establishes straightforward, productive relationships; treating all individuals with fairness and respect.
- Highly organized and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent research skills.
- Professional attitude and service orientation; team player.
- Ability to engage with various internal and external audiences in a welcoming manner.
- Drive for Results: Makes things happen; is proactive; balances "analysis" with "doing".
- Sets high standards for self and commits to organizational goals.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs. May require occasional domestic and international travel 15% of the time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.