You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, bring together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
This position is responsible for managing the critical path of key project deliverables, while balancing the triple constraints of schedule, resources and cost.This includes but is not limited to creating and tracking schedules, performance targets, resource plans, and general planning activities for integration engineering deliverables.Throughout the process, the Jr Technical Project Engineer is responsible for ensuring that the proper elements of the Product Development Process (PDP) are known and adhered to across the engineering team, as well as assessing risk and mitigation strategies, highlighting issues and managing their solutions, and coordinating the various development activities to ensure Intermediate cross-program communication.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Manage system integration and release of deliverables from D&E projects
- Own deliverables (Qualified BoM/SW release, Qualified build/setup & test sequence, Qualified non-commercial upgrade packages, sequence)
- Align on triple constraints, with the relevant stakeholders
- Report on deliverable status and quality, towards project lead, program and line management
- Own release strategy for baseline / package(s) with team and roll up to Masterplan with the project lead
- Own bottom up plan
- Plan work over prototype systems
- Manage bottom up differences between machine plans and integration plan
- Report on bottom up differences between machine and integration plan
- Manage critical path of integration
- Provides input towards the Key Decision (KD) process for Integration to program and line management (top-X lists, schedule, test status)
- Manage issues for the deliverables
- Roll-up towards Top-X lists & report product level impact
- Define and own the issue handling WOW, maintain issue lists (or delegate), host issue meeting
- Report on integration quality towards end customers and make proposals for structural improvements
- Plan, coordinate and coach the system integration project team in order to Reduce system integration related product risks as efficiently as possible and toprepare and deliver all process and product outputs mentioned in SI Department WoW
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and experience
- BS in an Engineering discipline, or Physics
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience
- Excellent communication skills, and demonstrated ability to align communication with various teams.
- Excellent skills managing stakeholders
- Analytically strong, enthusiastic, flexible, assertive, proactive, structured;
- Ability to interface/cooperate with different people on different organizational levels;
- Ability/willingness to work at local sites for short periods (max. 2 weeks/year)
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret technical data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.