You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Senior IT Applications Engineer
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
At ASML we like to make the impossible possible. Our lithography technology – which uses light to print tiny patterns on silicon – is fundamental to mass producing semiconductor chips. With it, the world’s top chipmakers are creating better performing, cheaper chips. In fact, we’re probably a part of the electronic device you’re using right now!
We design and engineer machines that are on the cutting edge of technology. These machines do things like beaming a tiny droplet of tin with a big laser so it turns into plasma and as a consequence emit just the frequency of light that we need. That is requiring complex hardware and of course complex software and software development environments. We are searching for the brightest minds on the planet to help us achieve our mission.
Be the linking pin between the ASML Logistics organization, the IT organization and outsourcing partners (Logistics and IT). Assess, change/refine and implement business processes and related information systems (SAP/MM/WM/EWM, and non-SAP systems) to continuously increase their effectiveness and make sure that they are properly aligned with the company’s strategic direction.
You will be working within the IT Competence Center Operations/domain Logistics, reporting to the Solution Team Manager. In this domain we capture and fulfill IT demand from sector Logistics, and provide technology through large-scale projects or changes to our existing application infrastructure.
Role and responsibilities
The BPA acts as a first IT contact for Business key players and Business process owners in the ASML organization (Manufacturing & Logistics departments). As a BPA you assess, change and define/refine business processes and related information systems to continuously increase their effectiveness and ensure they are properly aligned with the company’s strategic direction.
Does this sound exciting to you? Do you find our challenges motivating and do you like to become part of the success story of ASML? Then this is an opportunity for you to apply! Other responsibilities include:
Play key-role in IT development & implementation projects, manage transition from projects (new developments) to support phase (run and maintain) by checking all documentation and knowledge transfer by the project teams before go-live.
You are the link between the ASML business organization, the ASML/IT organization and outsourcing partners. (both Logistics (3PL) and IT).
Education and experience
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Information Technology or Business administration and 5 to 10 years of experience with logistic processes in a high tech complex environment
- Ability to document “as is” and “to be” processes and to assist development of business case transition.
- Experience in translation of Business requirements into IT requirements; and select or design the correct solution (direction) corresponding these business requirements. You also have detailed knowledge of IT systems supporting Logistic processes.
- Experience with SAP/MM/WM/EWM, S4HANA and 3PL interfacing (incl. non-SAP systems is a pre.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Strong customer focus, result-orientation,and commitment to excellence;
- Pro-active personality who can deal with resistance;
- Leadership capability, responsibility and authority, ability to steer a team
- A demonstrated ability to perform in high-pressure environments;
- Well-developed consultancy skills combined with hands-on mentality, and a strong go-getter mentality;
- Passionate about driving innovative solutions;
- Motivated and enthusiastic team player;
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Fluent in Dutch and/or the English language.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Keywords: High tech, Logistics, business process consultant, logistic applications, SAP/MM, SAP/WM, SAP/EWM, 3PL Logistics.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.