You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Design Engineer Position Sensors (Physics / Mechanical Engineering)
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
Sub-nanometer positioning of the wafer stage and the reticle stage in our ASML machines is enabled by stage position sensors. Within the Bottom cluster we are looking for a designer who can contribute to the realization of these sensors.
Role and responsibilities
The Stage Position Measurement (SPM) group within BM the sector Development & Engineering (D&E) is responsible for interferometer and encoder based position measurement systems for wafer stages and reticle stages. We contribute to new product introductions (NPI) and Installed Base Products & Services (IBPS) in both the DUV and APPS business lines.
For newly developed systems we are responsible for the specification, design, integration and qualification of our position measurement systems. These developments are done in close cooperation with measurement system suppliers outside of ASML.
For the installed base systems in our factory and at our customers we are solving structural issues and delivering design improvements. Our team is also handling complex customer issues transferred from customer support to development.
We're searching for an engineer to strengthen the SPM DUV and APPS team. You will be involved in all phases of our product design: from feasibility, development and integration to supporting our installed base.
• You will improve the accuracy, throughput and reliability of our interferometer and encoder based optical position measurement systems by:
oImproving the interferometer and encoder designs together with our suppliers.
o Improving complex algorithms in our drivers and calibrations together with our software teams.
o Improving our electronics and mechanical designs together with dedicated electronics and mechanics development teams.
• You will run tests on our Twinscan, Yieldstar or E-beam systems to investigate improvements and to qualify deliveries. You will use Matlab to analyze data and calculate the impact of improvements.
• You like to investigate complex issues related to our measurement systems and work together with other ASML teams to define containments and structural solutions.
• You will be working in a young, enthusiastic team with a nice atmosphere, where we also pay attention to non-work related activities.
Education and experience
University, Master in Physics or Mechanical Engineering
• 3 to 7 years development experience
• Experience with optical sensor development or more specifically interferometers
• Strong in mathematics
• Matlab for data analysis and simulation
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
• Team player
• Pragmatic with result oriented attitude
• Take the initiative
• Good communication and stakeholder management skills
• Excellent command of English language
• Can adapt quickly to changing scope and/or circumstances
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Please send your application accompanied with a cover letter
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.