You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Laser Integration Engineer
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Physics, Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
The EUV Source Team in San Diego operates in a fast-paced, uniquely innovative, and challenging environment to create new-to-industry solutions with rapid productization to support an aggressive commercialization plan for the EUV technology at semiconductor manufacturers worldwide. The CO2 Satellite Team is responsible for the integration, qualification, and support of the CO2 laser system and beam delivery system. The complexity of the EUV Source puts exciting and challenging demands on the CO2 Satellite Drive Laser Optics Integration Engineer who will be engaged in integration and support of the lasers, optical systems and associated power and control modules, all working under extremely challenging dynamic conditions to produce stable EUV light.
Provide San Diego Integration and ASML internal and external customers with more comprehensive expert technical support leadership from Source projects based in VHV, via onsite satellite team and extended engineering expert support hours.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Represent ASML Netherlands D&E projects in San Diego.
- Chair project meetings to ensure close alignment to project development activities and escalations, requiring early morning calls and meetings to gain alignment and share knowledge.
- Apply optical and laser engineering expertise to support escalations for field and integration systems. Execute hands-on troubleshooting and perform data analyses on test results. Document findings and conclusions via presentations and action plans; present outcomes during internal and external customer meetings.
- Apply optics and laser engineering expertise to create test plans, secure system test time, assemble test hardware and perform validation testing of optical and laser sub-system and modules.
- Review requirements, specifications, sequences, procedures, issue resolution plans, test plans and test reports with internal and external customers.
- Interacts closely with development engineers, scientists, customer support, manufacturing and system integration teams.
- Assists with driving full documentation including sequences, procedures and bill of materials (BOM).
- Receive knowledge transfer from projects for new modules.
- Provide knowledge transfer training to Upgrades, Integration, Customer Service, Manufacturing, and other cross-sector teams
- Audit engineering changes (EC) and associated documentation for planned upgrades in San Diego and at customer sites.
- Recommend improvements to projects in regard to safety, reliability, availability, manufacturability and serviceability.
- Travel to internal and customer sites (domestic and overseas) to receive training, provide training, trouble-shoot, upgrade, and optimize laser systems (<20%)
- Work according to safety rules & report near misses and safety issues accurately & immediately.
- Effectively works and prioritizes activities with minimal supervision or direction.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and experience
Requires a minimum Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or physics.
Requires a minimum of two (2) years of experience.
Knowledge of laser-induced plasma, optical metrology desired.
Knowledge and experience in controls of optics a plus.
Knowledge and experience with optical systems, optical alignment and image processing.
Experience in semiconductor equipment development a plus.
Experience with Matlab and/or Python.
Experience with developing, setting up, running, and collecting data from test experiments.
Experience with common electrical test equipment (multimeter, signal generator, oscilloscope, analog digital converters, and digital analog converters).
Experience with MS Powerpoint and Excel.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.