You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Lean Expert - Customer Support
Other job categories
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories, Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
The Lean Expert will co-lead the Lean transformation together with local management towards sustainable improvement, aiming at an overall breakthrough on value delivery and cost effectiveness according to the deployment roadmap. He/she will provide support to the line organization through planning, execution and providing follow up on the deployment activities. Co-ordinate the necessary training and coaching to employees, including leadership teams, and build internal capabilities through train-the-trainer concepts. The results of the deployment (deliverables, business impact and mindset change) are owned by the management team.
A Lean Expert will respectfully challenge the status quo and act as a role model for Lean thinking, and thereby act as a change agent to help ASML’s Customer Support sector in the transformation towards a Lean organization.
Role and responsibilities
- Support CS segment line organization through planning, execution and providing follow up on the Lean deployment activities.
- Coordinate necessary trainings, coaching, build internal capabilities through train-the-trainer concepts for a medium-sized number of ASML employees, and management
e.g. Problem solving leadership: contributes to the improvement of the operation by participating in and facilitating problem solving sessions. Ability to identify and solve problems. Ability to identify root causes of technical, operational, service, and financial variances and to recommend solutions. Ability to establish priorities, organizes work, be detail oriented, and follows through, particularly with competing project timelines. Must be able to explain the process and cost/benefit implications of decisions.
- Drive Lean transformations of specific teams
- Respectfully challenge the status quo and act as a role model for Lean thinking, hereby act as change agent in the Lean transformation
- Mindset changes: transform mindsets to maintain continuous improvement efforts beyond project activities and change current way of working to a Lean way of working. Able to quickly assess (situational awareness) the needs and goals of individual stakeholders and modify their approach to achieve the strategic objectives of the organization while being sensitive to these considerations. Demonstrated ability to effectively establish and maintain working relationships with business line peers at all levels of the organization.
- Identify potentials for new improvement projects, including business case definition (translate into expected benefits and business impact)
- Operational Excellence Team Member: give support if needed to other operational excellence workstreams, e.g. maturity assessments, Hoshin Kanri, operational excellence offsites for the internal organization
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in industrial engineering, Manufacturing (e.g. line, engineering), or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree preferred
- 3+ years of work experience in process/quality improvement preferably in the semiconductor field
- Has a general understanding of technical topics (through technical background or job experience) or related field.
- Lean certification preferred (Advanced knowledge of Lean, DMAIC, Value Stream Mapping, Daily Management, 5S+1, Jidoka, Just-in-Time, Visual Management, Problem Solving, Hoshin Kanri, Facilitation & Training, Coaching, Change Management, Communication, Strategic Partnership & Leadership).
- Experience in coaching/mentoring and training and facilitation necessary (Ability to present complex information to diverse audiences in clear and concise manner)
- Demonstrated ability to use intermediate and advanced functions of the standard Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Teams, SharePoint, etc.) of application programs, basic statistical process control graphing, and project management application programs adopted by the department
- Demonstrated ability to understand the application of and data output of statistical programs adopted by the department.
- Proven ability to lead a project team to successful completion as evidence by measurable and sustained process improvement and timely completion
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Passion for Continuous Improvement and exhibits a positive and solution focused mentality
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills (open, clear, concise and professional)
- Excellent interpersonal communication in groups (can manage/form groups, listen, resolve conflict and give feedback)
- Can lead and coordinate a multi-disciplinary team and relate effectively with stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds to gain consensus
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism
- Fast learner, with ownership to drive his/her own development
- Independent worker, with ability to drive results in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines
- Effective change management (able to drive, steer, convince and influence others (influencing without power))
- Solution focused team mentality
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
This is an office role. This means:
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel, dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The Lean Expert position is mainly dedicated to the Customer Support Lean Deployment as a member of the program core team of the Lean Deployment Leader.
He / She will also contribute to the further development of the CS Continuous Improvement department and will report to the Group Leader in the line organization.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.