You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Optical Metrology Source Design Engineer
In a nutshell
Introduction to the job
Are you challenged by demanding projects in a multidisciplinary context? Do you have the technical capabilities to develop and industrialize optical systems?Are you able to cooperate in a technical team of professionals in order to realize defiant customer requirements? Please contact us today. We currently have exciting opportunities for an Optical Metrology Source Design Engineer.
Role and responsibilities
As an Optical Metrology Source Design Engineer in our development and engineering department Applications you will be a key player in a multidisciplinary environment in which you will have to demonstrate your skills and knowledge in:
- - Root cause analysis and designing solutions for our installed based systems focused on the source module;
- Specifying and designing a metrology source module;
- Integrating, calibrating and testing the source on our metrology system.
You will work in a multidisciplinary project (physics, mechanics, electronics, mechatronics, and software) that maintains and develops the source of the Yieldstar metrology tool;
- - Issue resolution in the production process and field maintenance of the source and its use by the final customers;
- Interact with suppliers and other D&E groups on (sub-) module requirements, implementation considerations and qualification;
- Integrate and experimentally verify the source performance;
- Define and discuss the specification of the light source in order to meet the application requirements;
- Generate effective and creative solutions in order to realize these requirements, including specification towards software and hardware engineering.
Education and experience
To succeed as the Optical Metrology Source Design Engineer you are qualified in Applied Physics on at least Master level, or similar.
We are looking for candidates with different experience levels in the mentioned field of interest;
- Knowledge of optics, laser and fiber physics;
- Experience with hardware development and sourcing;
- Hands on experience with optical systems setup and use;
- Experience with optical design and analysis tools;
- Experience with data analysis in MatLab;
- Experience with working in multidisciplinary teams;
- Experience with writing requirements for Hardware and software engineers and/or suppliers;
- Affinity with mechatronics and thermal design.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Self-motivated and willingness to learn and adapt quickly.
- Hands-on mentality and result oriented
- Strong interpersonal communication, presentation and analytical skills.
- Good communicational skills and knowledge of English
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The Yieldstar Source group is, within the sector Development and Engineering, part of the Applications business line. We develop and deliver solutions to measure properties of a features on a semiconductor wafer. These measurements are then used to control and improve the performance of lithographic systems that produce semiconductors devices. One of the main products in the portfolio is the YieldStar metrology tool. The Yieldstar Source group is responsible for the development of the source of this tool.
Including a personalized motivation letter is highly appreciated.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.